Thursday, October 11, 2012

Red Lobster Biscuits...finally a winner!



I've been searching for the perfect bake-at-home replica of Red Lobseter's biscuits (and for Lobster House....if you are from NNY!!).  I think I finally found them.  I've pin'd other recipes and tried them, but they just weren't quite greasy and fattening enough tasting, KWIM??  Cheesey, buttery globs of goodness scattered through out the biscuit.  This recipe came the closest thus far.  But no photo to pin it with.  So I took some photos of mine and I will share the adaptations I made to this recipe.


2 1/2 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
3/4 cup whole (I use 1/2 half and half and 1/2 2%)
4 Tbsp cold butter (1/2 stick)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 heaping (very heaping!) cup of sharp grated cheddar cheese 
(org. recipe calls for cheddar, but I used sharp for a more pronounced cheesy taste)

Brush on top:
(Yes, I doubled the recipe and this is what made them spectacular!  Shut off the healthy mind and DO IT!)

4 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder (my addition for added flavor!)
pinch salt

Preheat oven to 400*.  Combine baking mix with cold butter with a fork.  (I did soften mine just a tad b/c I hate trying to mix cold butter into flour...softening it just a smidgen cuts down your efforts a little)  You don't want to mix this too good though...you still wants clumps of butter for those melty globs of goodness in your biscuit.  Add sharp cheese, milk, and 1/4 tsp garlic powder.  
Mix together until combined, but don't over mix.

I used a soup spoon to drop my dough onto the baking sheet (we like them smaller).  
Un-greased baking sheet. (I used my stoneware baking sheets)
Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the tops are nicely light brown.  After you take the biscuits out of the oven, immediately brush the tops with the seasoned melted butter.  Use. it. all. up.

I served these with goulash last night.  Goulash???  For a company meal even??   Gasp!  But yes, I've been hungry for this comfort food dish that I really don't think I've ever made.  Believe it or not...in all my cooking experiences!!  Always seemed too ho-hum.  But never say never, because on yesterday's windy, chilly fall day, I made it.  It was very good. I made it on the stove top and let it simmer a good long time.  Don't forget to remove those bay leaves!

8 comments:

Stacy@{ShareandRemember} said...

I've been wanting to go to Red Lobster! :) Looks yummy. I've made them in the past, but not for a long time. Next time I'll make your recipe!

Bethaney said...

Oh dear. I was going to swear off processed foods, including flour for awhile. hmmm... Maybe next week I will do that. These look incredible!!!!

Bethaney said...

Hey, how come I can't pin this? I just tried to, but when I click which picture to pin, it just opens up your blog in another window....

Lani said...

Eek. These look delicious. Think I'd better steer clear of your blog AND Pinterest. :)

Melissa said...

Goulash! I've been craving that, but haven't found a good recipe for the family to try...we have one non-tomato lover in the bunch. Will go check out the recipe you used! :)

Hey...that biscuit recipe is the one I started out with when I was in college! I've since modified it, skipping the Bisquick and using a basic baking powder biscuit recipe in its place! SO yummy!!! :) It's probably a good thing there isn't a Red Lobster near by because now you've got me wanting some of these!!!

505whimsygirl said...

Oh yum! It's almost lunch time here and now I want goulash and biscuits!

Hugs,
Kay

Janeen said...

Excellent post rebekah. They do sound yummy may have to try them for company some time.

Michelle Pearson said...

oooh, yummy! I'll be these are not dry!! ;)

Wonder what kind of a haul you made at Archiver's?! ;)