Monday, October 8, 2012

Life's lessons and Happy Mail challenge


I played along with the new Happy Mail Challenge over at Big Picture Classes.  Very fun!  Stacy's happy mail challenge is a fun one.  I was on a good roll of getting one a day done and out in the mail, but then life happened!  And life continues to happen as it does for all of us.  So I don't set myself up for daily (or weekly or monthly!) self-oriented obligations.  Some folks need it, I don't.  I find it frustrates me, so I like a more loosely defined day and week...and month...and year!  Life is good.  I want to enjoy whatever comes my way.  Go with the flow.  And when I have those self-obsessed obligations and goals set up for myself and then they flop...and flop...and flop...this girl gets frustrated.  And then I end up not enjoying life.  What??  Not enjoying the life I've always dreamed of and am living out right now??   So!  Nice to learn a few things about yourself along the way and let go of stuff that clings to you that you never really needed or wanted in the first place!

Here's my card:

All from my stash!  I must admit to having some Mr. Brown withdrawal issues (like constantly looking at the front door when I come home from errands to see if there is a pkg waiting me...oh yea, one must order things to receive packages!!).  But I can not deny, I'm loving the peace and contentment in my heart right now from just letting go of having to have it all and saying NO THANKS.  I keep my surfing to a minimum...that really helps.  What I don't see, I don't miss or need.

7 comments:

Lani said...

I could learn a lesson or two from that. I have so many Pinterest projects I want to try or get done that I don't even go out and "look" anymore. Not until I get the others done. :)

Anonymous said...

Hopefully we each get wiser with age! Still learning here, changing isn't always without pain but looking back the pain hasn't always been difficult long term, but for the moment it hurts! You make me smile too...thanks for the card sample.

Alison said...

I am trying to give up the feeling of 'needing' to do things too..you are right, you only end up feeling stressed and unhappy...lovely card!
Alison xx

Bethaney said...

Totally agree with not setting yourself up for failure and not looking around to see what all you don't have that maybe you SHOULD buy. :-) As you say, nice to settle into what you do have. Less buyers remorse and guilt that way! :-)

Melinda said...

Sometimes it's nice to do something because you want to rather than feel the need to 'have' to. So glad you have found time for yourself and let go of the stress. Love your sweet card. :)

Janeen said...

Great post rebekah, I found myself in the same pattern. Love the new found freedom. Your card is perfect for you who always has a camera ready, maybe the 12 on 12 went this way this month for both of us. :)

Angie said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love the colors and patterns!!! Very cool!!!