Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hello!

I'm back after a long summer hiatus!  It was wonderful.  We made up a summer bucket list at the beginning of sumner (2nd summer doing this and we love it) and we have almost everything crossed off.  Two things didn't get crossed off, but we did attempt them (getting together with two different families).  One thing from our family list didn't get done and two things off the kids & mom list.  It wasn't a list of things that we felt we HAD to do, just a list that kept us on track with things we love and wanted to do if time allowed.  And it did!  Overall, we are THRILLED with how our summer went.  Full of travels and wonderful times spent with family and friends near and far.  Lots of time out in the sunshine and in the water.  Lazy mornings.  Fresh garden eats.  You get the idea!

Today we started in with back to school routines.  I've sat and heard the reports and it went well.  School pictures were delivered and are now displayed in their rightful place on our piano in the living room.  My babies are growing up!  Guess that happens.

Summer bucket list, (blurred on purpose!)

So....
Have you heard?

Big Picture Classes

Big Picture Classes is having their annual Big Idea Festival!  I'm so excited.  I've already gotten today's big idea done (see further down in this post).  Register for FREE and check out Day One's challenge.  It has something to do with this...

Stacy Julian and Doodlebug Designs have announced a new, fun year-long challenge that I'm looking forward to participating in as I can. It was the perfect "back into blogging" project I needed.

Day one of the Big Idea Festival...

Make someone's day with a hand written letter and as a bonus a card too.
I needed to send out a sympathy card for a special couple that have recently had a miscarriage with twins.  Very sad.  But this challenge fit perfectly, not that I was wanting to make their day.  There are no perfect words for times like this, but I did want to share with them our love and care.

Here is the card I made, CASE'd from a card I saw on Pinterest from this blog.



hand written note inside, 

and mailed (missed the mailman at our own box),


9 comments:

Paula Laird said...

The card is beautiful. It's so nice to see you blogging again.

Patricia said...

Very pretty card, Rebekah!

Angie said...

Awesome!! Beautiful card. Simple elegance!!! I love your photo of your mailing it too!!!

mollymoo951 said...

Simple, elegant, very nice card. Great photo of you mailing it!

Melissa said...

So glad to see you back in blogland & to hear that you had a wonderful summer!! Your card is lovely.

Melissa said...

Just happened to bop over here to see if you'd returned and got a very happy surprise! So glad to see you're back! :) Always love reading your posts...

Darcie said...

So happy you had a wonderful summer! So happy to have you back in blogland. ;-)

Alison said...

Glad you had such a good Summer...I signed up for the class too, but have done nothing with it yet as I've had visitors this past week!
Alison xx

Carol said...

Hi Rebekah!
Just saw your comment on my blog post today! I'm finally getting around to cleaning out all the spam comments on the ol' blog and ran across your comment! Thanks for acknowledging my blog on your CASE. You did a gorgeous job!
Carol