Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Happy Crafting!

I've enjoyed playing along with Big Picture Classes Big Idea Festival this year.  
(go ahead, check it out...it's FREE!)  

I won't be able to participate in any more of the challenges though because this week will be spent with some very special friends and acquaintances at a very special gathering.  But I'm proud of myself for digging right in regardless of knowing ahead that I wouldn't be able to participate in all of them!
This is the earliest I've gotten crafty for the season (I'm a fall/winter crafter), so I hope it's a good sign of a long, happy, crafty filled fall and winter season.
**happy sigh**

A card for a girl friend. I made this card all on my own (as in no CASE'ing)!  But it was hard because I'm so used to CASE'ing everything lately (Pinterest anyone??)!!  It was a good challenge though and likely tested the opposite side of my brain (ouch!).  I've sent a card out four days in a row now as part of the #HappyMail challenge (I forgot to take photos of one of them).  Again, that too will stall for this week, but I'm looking forward to starting it up again when I get home.  
I've already got quite a list of people I want to send cards to.  
Watch your box for HappyMail!  :)

I made this card for my MIL...the quote has been her theme this summer.
 Product is from the Simple Stories line.
I have tons of their glorious paper packs.  LOVE!
But now it's time to recover from the love affair and start using the stuff!!
I'm joining in a challenge with friends to use more from my stash and what a fun journey it's been.
The tag below used brand new stuff from my stash...that's been in my stash for months.  Sheesh!
**insert eye roll**

Day Two Big Idea, Fun Photos with Rebecca Cooper,
Taken with Instagram on my iPad.
Fun braids for the 2nd day of school! 

Day Three, Dreams with Courtney Walsh,
Photos from a a recent family vacation.
More Simple Stories product.
Journaling reads:  
Dreams. I'm not much of a dreamer. But the other day while running, It hit me that I'm living my dream. I always dreamed of being a SAHM and tending to my home and family. And here I am. September 7, 2012 and doing just that. And have been for the last 14 years. A dream come true. I'm thankful for a happy, loving family and for a husband that has a good job that allows for our home life to be like it is. There is nothing I would rather be doing. These photos were taken on a recent summer vacation to Milwaukee, where we enjoyed some time on the beach of Lake Michigan. It was beautiful I love the feet walking on the beach. We walk together in life. Through the good and the bad. And love bears us through.

Day Five, Happy Crafting with May Flaum,

I loved May's inspirational video (register for free and you can watch it too!) and knew right away what I needed to tackle for more happy crafting. I had a whole stash of new Tim Holtz stuff and kept telling myself I didn't know how to use it or do the cool stuff people do with it (also the banner strips...been seeing a lot of those too and wanting to try them on something). But after listening to May, I dug in and created a tag; truly happy crafting for me Saturday afternoon. I can't wait to use it on a fall layout soon.

5 comments:

Janeen said...

great posts. love your tag. out of the box for me but it looks wonderful. i feel like that with TH stuff too, i love what everyone else does with it but it seems to grunge or something when i try to work with his stuff.

Melissa said...

Wow, you've done a great job with the BIF challenges. I've been following along each day, just reading the prompts but that's it. I have already completed 12 layouts this month though, thanks to the 4-day crop last weekend.

Alison said...

Well done Rebekah..like Melissa I have been reading the prompts but have got nothing done as yet!
Alison xx

Melissa said...

You're off to a great start for fall/winter, I'd say! You always have such great ideas!

Enjoy your time away!!!! Will be thinking of you! :)

Bethaney said...

Glad you are back! Enjoy your days!