Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A merry heart, blue skies and contentment

I finally got to work on an art journal page, and then got so into it that I made two!
Yesterday I went out for a walk, but it turned into a run.  It was just so nice out, and it completely energized me.  The sky was so blue and full of white wisps.  It was instant inspiration for my art journal page.

I used my Papertrey cloud die cuts for the cloud grateful thoughts.
 

*reorganized my Mondays to not be so stressful. 
Yesterday was perfect!
*a quick or long run outdoors.  Blue skies, white fluffy clouds and sunshine.
*the power of prayer in giving me comfort and direction.
*zappos.com went above and beyond my expectations in a return request.
*a song in my heart.  Lines of hymns that come to mind that are the perfect fit to the current situation.
*our newish, dependable quiet, dependable, smooth riding van for the many trips up to the hospital. Lots of quiet think time.

I've also been wanting to try my hand at houses.
Between this fun challenge, this beautiful page and my contentment in having some quiet home days again after a busy week, I was fully inspired all over again for my second page of the evening.
It's fun to dabble with my paints.
It's a nice time of reflection, thinking of my artistic mother who was so talented.

Ripped a page out of an old book for the house art background, hearts and even put my washi tape on a page and took it off...the print stuck to it and with a little extra adhesive was able to stick to my art journal page.  Used a fun new stencil I bought at Archiver's a few weeks ago, along with some yellow Mr. Huey paint sprays.  
Someday we need a new front door.  
I'm dreaming of a bright and cheerful color to brighten the entrance with.

4 comments:

Ethel said...

LOVE it!!!

Melissa said...

Love these two entries in your art journal! The first is so calming and the second is so bright and happy! :) Looks like you're getting some use out of washi tape! :) Fun!

Alison said...

These are great Rebekah!
Alison xx

Darcie said...

I always love how your thoughts turn to the precious things. Can't tell you how many time lines of hymns come to me like that too! Just this morning in fact. I know without a doubt who sent it to me, and that is a beautiful thing too! Thanks for your encouraging post..as always.