Thursday, May 10, 2012

10 Things: Fun & Inspiring

I've been over-whelmed (in a good way!) by some fun things this week and want to share them with you!

Warning, lots of Pinterest links!!

1.  An inspiring article about "Switching Your Focus".  Whew, really needed that and it was so reassuring.  It has been definitely been time to lower, or maybe I should say change, my expectations for my daily routine/schedule. I'm not lowering them...I'm needing to reach out more to someone and that will take more time.  But it's time I WANT to give.  So there.  Previous expectations must change.

2.  Another great article about balance.  The comments were just as inspiring/encouraging.  I love thinking about margin now. Life ebbs and flows.  Some days/weeks are busier than others, but some offer plenty of the quiet home time that my heart craves.  Those are the times when I need to be very wise in how I spend my time.  Seasons.  A season to get things done.  Another season to serve and care for others when it's needed.  Thanks Misti for the link to both of these articles, love that you scouted these out at such a perfect time for me 
(or us...fellow flybabies!)

3.  Project Life inspiration.  Wow!  Some awesome stuff out there!  Did you get to score in on Becky's fabulous 50% sale on her card stock collections??  Wowza!  Such cool ideas that stretched my mind this week on what to use it all for!!  Watch Becky's video for further inspiration.  Again, I'm totally WOW'd!
I promise to post a PL update soon...
still working on catching up.

4.  Summer!  It's almost here!  3 1/2 more weeks of school.  I'm so excited to be done with making school lunches most mornings.  I don't know why I hate it so, but I do.  But I hate the thought of my kids eating school lunch every day even more, to there you have it!  I've been seeing (check out my Summer pin board for the ideas I'm seeing...) some summer lists that have my creative mind excited. I can't wait to get our own made up.  I remember visiting some friends last summer, and she had their list posted on a chalkboard. A cross-off box next to each item.  All listed together in one big "paragraph" type deal.  Kind of like this, but with the little box before each item.  Hello Sunshine!

5.  With summer almost here, that means time spent with extended family.  One of which will be over July 4th.  Can. not. wait.  Love these fun patriotic finds.

6.  SMASH fun will be rekindled this summer.  The kids and I will document a road trip with one!

7.  Love the colorful style here.  I knew where to get my own version, Maurices.  I got a red/white polka dot tank with a navy bolero.  Red flip flops.  With denims?  Rockin'!  :)  And a navy ruffled tank with a white bolero I already have.  Stylin'! :)

8.  Best mac and cheese recipe. It even warms up delicious!  And it does taste very close to Panera's.  Bliss!

9.  Could. not. resist.  Ali Edward's new class, 31 Things.  I want to write more.  That's all there is to it.  I absolutely love recording our life.  I want to dig deeper into the why's and wherefore's. 

10.  Oh my, I'm at 10 and ran out of steam! I'm off to go scrapbook now.  I have two 8.5x11 pages that have been requested of me for two men that are retiring in my DH's department.  Best get busy!  Maybe I should cruise on over to Pinterest and look for ideas?  Ya' think?  ;)  LOL, that would only take another hour or so.  Whew, that place is so, so inspiring.  Ah, there we go, just thinking about that site brings me something to put with #10!  
A favorite quote of the week here.  Whew, thanks Pinterest!!!

Not one single photo for ya' though.
Sorry, if this is to go live today and I'm still going to have time to scrapbook those pages, I best just hit publish and be content.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

A great ten things list today. I really enjoyed those first two links - I've been evaluating my summer schedule these last few weeks & am planning for a little more "margin" time to re-assess my commitments.

Alison said...

Great list..am off to check out some of these links!
Alison xx

E said...

Lovely List... I opened up the first two articles to have a read... thank you for sharing!

Jane said...

looks like you have a fun time planned, off to check those lists too!

Connie Mercer said...

great list of 10 things~will be checking out some of those Pinterest links:):)

Humble Bee said...

Just followed you on Pinterest and I absolutely agree with you on the lunch thing. Love hate relationship with lunches period. Great list of ten things. Not so organized right now but maybe when summer hits.
~Becki

Nathalie said...

I can so relate about the lunch making thing!!! well, and the Pinterest addiction! :D Thanks for all the links and for stopping by my blog yesterday! :)