Monday, April 23, 2012

Hi there, Volume 2

I have no clue where my blog post went.  I had it all scheduled to go live this morning and when I checked in on it, it wasn't up.  Looked into it and published it only to find a blank post!  Looks like in addition to learning new technology in our house, I also have to get used to a new blogger style.  I already had a major meltdown yesterday b/c I don't have time for the things I want to do as it is.  My dad is not well and we have a doctor appointment today.


But...onward and forward for a moment...I did get to stamp a this card Saturday.  My fashionista friend gave us a style challenge to mix patterns.  I didn't get a chance to do it with clothes, but I did work it into this card!  The chevron stripe paper is recycled from the packaging of my Heidi Swapp 12x12 Resist paper pack.  Very cool!

Have a great new week!
I'll be doing better after today is over...
We have a potluck scheduled for this Friday with a bunch of friends, so I'm looking forward to that planned social event.  I could so easily have said "not this week", but I felt like I needed that to look forward to!  And if you get in the habit of saying "not this week", things have a tendency of never happening.

7 comments:

Janeen said...

very cute card Rebekah. Somehow I missed that thrown out challenge and i think i started it with that outfit i wore. hmmm will have to put some thought into this for a card. I like the bike and the ribbon too. cute. all satiny like that.

thinking of you

Alison said...

Lovely card...great colours. Hope your dad gets on OK at his appt
Alison xx

Melissa said...

Oh, what a perfect card for a Monday too! LOVE the bright, happy colors and the way you mixed the patterns so perfectly!!! :)
Thinking of you and hoping things go smoothly today for you and your dad. HUGS!!!

mollymoo951 said...

This is GREAT! Love the colors and the mix of patterns!

~Michelle~ said...

very cheery card!

Big hugs...hope things with your dad improve. Our parents keep us busy at this stage in life!!

Melissa said...

What a happy card! Hope all goes well with your Dad's appointment & that he's feeling better soon. I agree, you can't keep putting things off or you'll never get around to them - enjoy your upcoming get together.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Rebekah! I just wanted to stop by and say hello and let you know that our sponsor this week at Word Art Wednesday is Fred She Said, and I thought you might like to enter. Your work is BEAUTIFUL, and I would LOVE to have you enter. Hope to see you soon, and have a great week.
Blessings,
Karen L, Blog Owner
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com