Friday, March 9, 2012

Spring is springing!

We are certainly seeing signs of spring!  
I love to sing "Spring has Sprung" over and over!

We saw our first robins yesterday.
I've seen a few flocks of geese flying north the last few weeks.
The red-wing blackbirds are back.
My crocus are in bloom.
The daffodils are poking up through.
Our chickens are laying lots of eggs again.
I took my first run outdoors the other day.
Strawberries and pineapples are on sale at our local grocers.
Sap is flowing and we have three trees tapped!
And life is picking up the pace again.
Birthday festivities this month and some special company coming!
Happy spring!!

"Nature's beauty is a gift that cultivates appreciation and gratitude."


Boiling our sap, small home-scale operation!

And 40 of these little penguin critters made last night for classroom treats today,

Have a wonderful weekend!
I'd love to say I'll get some cards posted on here soon.
My aunt passed away this week and I have about 6 sympathy cards to make.
Plus lots of March birthdays that I didn't cards made for yet.
But along with all my things to do at home, my dad is experiencing some symptoms that warrant
more doctoring and likely some testing, so that will keep me hopping the next while.
I'll be back, but possibly sporadically!
"Today is a gift and the only appropriate response is gratefulness.  Cultivate that response!"

The two quotes in this post were taken from this awesome video I watched the other day.
Thanks Ali for always finding such inspirational things to read and watch!
I will be finding a home for those quotes in my OLW album.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

LOVE the looks of those spring blooms!!! :) Thinking of you today!! Hugs!

Alison said...

Hope things go well with your dad!
Alison xx

Melissa said...

So sorry to hear about your aunt & best wishes that your dad will be better soon!

The Bradford pear trees were all in bloom here this week (gorgeous), but we're having a cold rainy stormy weekend now.

MonicaB said...

Spring is early where I live and I'm loving it. The sights and sounds are so inspiring.

My sympathy to you and your family. and I hope you Dad is on the mend soon.

Cheri said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog - you should go ahead and blog your OLW anyway, and then go through the blog hop and just leave your link with your comments on everyone else's blog! That's what I did the month I was accidentally left off the list even though I had signed up. Worked pretty well.

Margie S (nihao, cupcake!) said...

Those penguins are awesome! A girl after my own cupcake heart. :)

Margie S (nihao, cupcake!) said...

Those penguins are awesome! A girl after my own cupcake heart. :)