Thursday, February 9, 2012

January & February FOOD links

Time for a little update here.  The blog posting has been on the back burner lately.  Don't really know why other than I've just not been super motivated to post.  So here I am with my food links for the last two months.  I know my SIL is patiently waiting for a few of them...


Some other recipes I've tried:
Garlic Fries, YUM..don't overbake!
Oreo Poke Cake, not a whole lot of flavor, just soft and gooey!
Chocolate Chip Bars, awesome, made these for the cheesecake bars below.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars, AWESOME.
Cake Batter Rice Krispie Bars, good.
White Cake, very good.
Creamy Chocolate Frosting, very good.
Olive Garden breadsticks...way too salty, but love the texture so will make again w/less salt.
Corn Muffins, very good. 
Taco Pizza, a hit in our house!

My "foodie" Pinterest boards:
Tried and True
Food and Recipes



And here's some photos to liven up the post...

The birthday cupcakes made from the
White Cake and Creamy Chocolate frosting recipes above,

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake bars listed above,

Life right now,
DD2 can go through a roll of crackers like this in no time flat...


What I'm eating a lot of lately and loving,
(the dessert making above only happens on the weekend or for special occasions...
like the cuppies for a man in our bible study whose birthday was yesterday and bible study was last evening. And I ate two of them completely mindlessly, ugh.  I didn't have dessert after supper then.)

What are you eating right now?
What are your kids into?
The empty cracker sleeve will be a perfect scrapbook layout idea for DD2!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh....YUM! Looks at that list of good stuff! WOW! I just mindlessly ate a brownie, so I know where you're coming from on that. My old habits are hard to break! Need to go check out your Pinterest links! :)

Melissa said...

I'm eating too much right now, even though I'm trying to cut back. Why is it so difficult? UGH

I think I'm going to have to break down & try planning my meals ahead. . . maybe! :>)

Paula Laird said...

Nice post! Love the comments by the links! My kids love the Clif kids bars in chocolate brownie, crackers, and gogurts. I want to try making crackers. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Lani said...

Yum! I can see I need to come over and visit you a little more often. ;)