Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

One of my favorite days!  While we don't honor/celebrate the Valentine Saint or it's history, I love themed things and hearts and chocolate are the best!  I was busy last evening making these yummy cinnamon rolls.  More Pinterest ideas!!  But I do enjoy putting all those awesome "pins" to good use.

Heart shaped cinnamon rolls,
unbaked,

baked, 
but the beautiful cinnamon swirls didn't show through the yummy frosting I put on!
I used Pioneer Woman's cinnamon roll recipe and icing...but I don't use the coffee or maple flav.  
I only substittue vanilla for the maple.
 

Heart shaped bacon,

with cheesey scrambled eggs,

Delicious cut-out cookies that DH and DD2 made Sunday evening.
They were absolutely delicious, a cross between a shortbread taste and a sugar cookie taste.  
YUM

And DD1 and I made this recipe for her to take in and share with her classmates and teachers,
I'll admit that for DD2, we just bought Skittles with valentine stickers that go on the back of each bag with the "to" "from" on it.  Lots of great do-it-yourself ideas, but it came down to time and $$ and this was by far the cheaper route.  And I didn't have to spend hours on it!!  Easy peasy!
And for dessert tonight I made this lovely Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake.  We'll have a ham dinner (it's pink ya' know!!), mashed potatoes with paprika sprinkled on top, green bean casserole, blueberry jello casserole, a mixed greens salad and the cheesecake for dessert.  Coming over?

And then I follow some extra and different steps for baking it to perfection...dense and firm.  Those steps can be found in The Best Recipe cookbook.  It works.  Every time.

And speaking of love, this (Silhouette Digital Craft Cutter) is something I'm really lusting after,
don't know I'll ever really spring for it, pretty pricey, but WOW,
I've seen some awesome stuff done with it!

And last but not least,
moi....
And my dear friend Martha is rubbing off on me.  I was procrastinating big time here.  Things to do and here I found myself taking a self-portrait in front of the mirror.  Curls with no perm!  Too bad I can't stand to wear my hair down...
and with that lovely mug shot, 
I leave you with my greetings for a 
happy, love-filled day! 
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

6 comments:

Misti said...

Thanks for the invite, but I really must decline... I'm afraid that I would leave my willpower at home!!! LOL!! The cheesecake looks heavenly!

Mj said...

oooo....and ahhhhhh...and...wow. i'll have to try that sometime with bacon!!

Happy Valentine's Day, girl...I bet you might have some heart shaped curls in that pretty hair of yours!! What's rubbing off on you? My procrastination tendencies!! hee he....

Rebekah said...

@Mj, ha! The self-portraits!! :)

Melissa said...

Love all your fun Valentine creations!!! That cheesecake makes me drool...I do believe that's the one you made for us once?? Oh my!!! Not much happened here for Valentine's Day here...DH caught the wonderful bug. :)- The boys and I had pizza and gave each other fun little gifts, though!

Lani said...

Yum, yum, yum, yum, and yummy! Happy Valentine's Day (I'm only a day late!), my friend. :)

Evan and Clover and Co. said...

What fun Valentine treats! And I'm with you in hating having my hair down-- it drives me crazy in about five minutes!