Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pass the Book

This second post for today finds me ready to pass along a great book about friendships.
I won the chance to read this book over at Melissa's blog where 
she hosts a monthly Pass the Book blog activity.
The Girls From Ames,

It was a very interesting read about a group of girls and their continued friendship through the years.
And written by a man.  But he documented their story of friendship beautifully!  It has given me much food for thought about friendship.  What it means to cultivate (my OLW this year) one, even through the change and busy-ness of our daily lives.  We read much about research that claims that surrounding ourselves with close friendships is one of the keys to longevity.  But to have friends and enjoy those relationships to their fullest, you need to be a friend.  I'd like to work on being a better friend.

Favorite pages,

I loved continuously flipping back to this page as I read about each girl. Loving to document life myself, I loved seeing their two different photos here and also looking at the many photos scattered through out the book of them at various times in their lives.  
The book almost had a scrapbook feel all of it's own.

So, if you would like to be next to read this beautiful book and pass it along to another reader through your blog, here's what you have to do:

Leave a comment on this post and share with me a secret about friendship that you have learned through the years.  Everything you need to know about Pass the Book is here!  I will randomly select a winner next weekend.

And scroll down for the 1st post from today, my Take Twelve photos!


3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the book Rebekah. I, too, flipped back to that page often as I read!

I think one secret to friendship is to remember that it's not always automatic to stay in touch with our friends - sometimes it requires a little extra effort on our part. . . but it's so worth it.

Alison said...

Rebekah I have just come over from Mekissa's blog, where I just this moment noticed that you were ready to pass this book on..if you have not already done so, I would be interested in having it,
Alison xx

Rebekah said...

@Alison, I'll send it right off to you! Melissa shared your addy with me after I emailed her about sending the book along...you had perfect timing...it was soon on it's way back to her!!