Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day

HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY!
THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO SERVE AND 
WHO HAVE SERVED OUR COUNTRY.
I made two of these cards.  One to send to my BIL and one to hand deliver to a man in our church meeting.  I've made him one every year for a couple of year's now.  After receiving the first one he said, "Nobody has ever thanked me like that."  That made me sad, but it inspired me to remember our Veteran's better.
I found the glittery star and ticket in my stash jar.  I have a jar that I throw extra embellishments or scraps of little ribbon & twine that I end up not needing on different projects.  It's fun to dig through and find just what I need.

Scrap jar,

For the envelope that I mailed, I played around with some mail art again!  Still haven't cracked the cover of that fun new book I bought about mail art.

Front,

Back,
And here is a lovely display at our school.  
They asked the kids to bring in photos of family and friends that were veterans.  We had three photos to bring in.  One of my husband's grandpa, one of his dad and one of our brother-in-law.
Very nice!



And happy 11th day of the 11th month of 2011.
I think we'll party at 11:11 am and 11:11 pm today!!
 

1 comment:

Cecil and Amy said...

Cecil loved his Veteran's Day card and I'll have to show him his picture on the school's board. He exclaimed, "Wow!" when he saw the card- high compliments from him! :-)