Friday, November 18, 2011

Scrapbooking Grandpa Memories

Wow, can you believe it??  Finally some scrapbook pages to show off!
 Remember my tag I made for the Hambo Hoedown challenge?  Well, here it is on my scrapbook page layout!  This project took me all afternoon, but I'm so happy to have a story told and recorded.
I was inspired to get these photos out and make these pages after listening to a Paperclipping podcast about the scrapbooking the 80s and by a free (because I participated in their challenge the week before) digi image I received from Hambo Stamps last week.  
Don't you love it when inspiration bombards you from every side??
My photos on the 12x12 pages are wallet sized.  I scanned in my original photos at Walmart.  They did a fabulous job.  I got a much better quality than the scan job I did from home.

The two page layout,

Page 1,

8 1/2" x 11" insert, front

8 1/2" x 11" insert, back

Page 2,

All of the stamping was done with Technique Tuesday stamps by Ali Edwards.  I have them in my stash for a long time and finally got to put them to very good use.  I also used a House Mouse stamp, Say Cheese and just cut off the mouse part.  The "say cheese" sentiment is from Lawn Fawn's, Say Cheese set.  Along with anything coffee themed, I also love photography themed stamps!!

Some behind the scenes photos of this project,

ready to scrap,

busy at work,

mistakes, 
the first "R" stamped crooked, so then I just played with the letters to see how they would look as a word.  Then decided to pop-dot the letter circles over my goofs!

And here's how they look in my new album that I found at Archiver's back in May. I love the buttercup yellow color.  Perfect to hold all my sentimental layouts that I make as I continue to dig through my photo tote.


Thank you for stopping by!
Tomorrow I'll be joining in with the monthly Color Combo Blog Hop 
that I've missed for several months!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wonderful pages Rebekah! I really like how you were able to include so many photos.

Melissa said...

Wow! These layouts are awesome! Way to go! Those old photos are wonderful!!! Thanks for the inspiration! :)