Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rainy day series (...turned SNOW!), Art Journaling



After my awful sewing experience, I needed some inky finger therapy!  I opened up my art journal and started painting, stamping and overall inking.  It felt great and it was good to do something I CAN do.  Creativity comes in many forms.  Yes, I know, I can sew.  But so often, I experience difficulties that I just don't run into with my paper crafting and inky play.

So without further ado, here are pages 2 and 3 of my newly created art journal.  For page 1, see here.


Page 2,

For this page, I used my SU Sense of Time stamp set, along with a Tim Holtz set, Playful Journey.  Lots of grey paint.  Purple and yellow inks.  Used my sanding block to distress it some more.  And then I wrote some words that have been on my mind in relation to time.
"capture"
"fruitful"
"savor"
"abide"
"enjoy"
"productive"
"love"
"document"
"story"

Page 3,

On this page, I used a few sewing themed stamp sets that I have, PTI Quilter's Sampler, Gina K. Designs Sew Pretty.  I also used my SU Smile smiley!  In my new stash, was a 12x12 paper pad by Tim Holtz, Crowded Attic.
 From sewing to painting.  "Ahhh, much better" states my journaling.
I included some of the fabric that I was using to make my bar stool covers.  
And I journaled about having more sewing projects lined up....yikes!

We had a very grey, rainy day yesterday.
But GUESS WHAT??
Winter has arrived.
Today we have a white, blustery snowy day!!
LOVE it.

4 comments:

Darcie said...

Enjoy some of that white stuff for me! I LOVE the first snow fall of the year, but I think I am going to have to wait a bit down here. Beautiful pages in your art journal BTW...takes away some of the frustration from your sewing project, I am sure.

Melissa said...

Wow - snow!?! We've had some cool weather this past week, but I can't imagine snow.

I've just caught up on your latest posts - I'm thinking about taking Cathy's Move More Eat Well class, too.

Great job on your art journal pages!

Cheri said...

Now there is some art after my own heart! Your art journal pages are fabulous. Saw Melissa's comment ... I am already signed up for Move More Eat Well. Join me! :)

Nihao, Cupcake! by Margie said...

I had to come over and check out your art journal pages. I love all the layers. And great colors.