Saturday, November 19, 2011

November Color Combo Blog Hop


Welcome!  If you have arrived here from Amy's blog, you are in the right place.  In case you get lost along the way, the full list of blog hop participants is at the bottom of this post.

I'm thrilled to be joining up with the monthly Color Combo Blog Hop.  When I saw this month's color scheme, I was inspired to get my Thanksgiving cards made....and get them mailed out in time!  Joy!
Here are a couple of the cards I made.  Ahem, I forgot to take photos of the cards before I put them in the mail yesterday.  

So, onward and forward, I will share with you our Thanksgiving gifts for my DDs' teachers!  I realized this project goes along perfectly with the color scheme.  I made up 13 of these little bags.  
Simple & easy.




I found the recipe through my cousin. It's a super long-lasting bar of soap and dries nicely on an open-slat type soap dish.  The recipe I used can be found here.

Then one evening after I collected eggs from our chicken coop, I was coming back up the stairs and noticed this little pile of leaves and it reminded me of our challenge.  


And that, of course, sent me on a mission to see if I could see anything else that would go along with the color challenge.  I found this prickly bush out by our deck with the right shades.

And winter is on it's way so this will all be covered up with huge snow drifts!!

9 comments:

Jo.C said...

He he - made me smile - I have done that a bit with my 52 weeks of mail. It is in the post box before I realise. Great pressies and photos though.

Nihao, Cupcake! by Margie said...

That soap looks like a lovely gift. I would like to try my hand at making homemade soap. Better yet, I'd love to receive that soap as a gift. Those are very lucky teachers!

I'm participating in the blog hop today, but didn't end up on the list, would love to have you visit if you get a moment! :)

Cheryl M said...

I just LOVE the soap and thanks for sharing the link to the recipe. I've been wanting to make my own for some time now.
Love how you incorporated the photos that coordinate so beautifully with the color swatch for this month.
Truly creative thinking!!

Cheryl M said...

Oh and I forgot to say how much I love your blog layout. Gorgeous design and colors! Did you do that yourself??

Scribble Monster said...

Lovely take on the challenge :) That bush is gorgeous.

I'm off to have a look at the recipe for the soap.

Lesley said...

What a lovely gift idea. I would be so happy if I had received that gift. I love your take on the challenge.

Lesley

Stephanie Medley-Rath said...

I'm impressed with your photos. I never seem to think of things like that. What a great idea to take a photo of the colors.

S said...

I apologize that I didn't get to hop around before my travels - but now I am glad I can take my time and catch up with everyone unhurried. Your soap looks so rich and creamy. And the photos are fabulous too. I am glad I dropped by.

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Sooooo pretty!!!! I'm THRILLED to have this very same gift also...you are AMAZING!!! Thank you!!!