Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Hambo Hoedown, Hive I've been thinking of you


This is my first Hambo Hoedown challenge to participate in!  I was so excited to dig out the Hambo rubber stamps that I have and put them to good use for this fun "thinking of you" card. 
Of which I need about 20 more, LOL!!  I really need to get caught up with my card-making.

Part of the challenge, in addition to using their stamps, was to go to the SCS Resource page and find a technique to use.  I've been wanting to do something different lately, so this was the perfect kick-start to get me out of my "ho-hum" rut.  I used the Center Step card technique.  
It was very easy and produced a very "wow" card I thought.

The Hambo stamps used are the Bee Hive (#2702) and the Hive Been Thinking (#2712) sentiment.
SU Cardstock, More Mustard and Early Espresso.  And PTI DP, Autumn Abundance.
Sponged edges.  Gemstones.  Dots border punch.  Some baker's twine.
And little bees from the hive box stamped on the little dots!
()
:(|||)-
()


6 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

Wow - fabulous card Rebekah! I love the colors and the technique. What an eye-catcher! We're so glad you've joined in the Hoedown fun. :)

Melissa said...

Yay! You're playing along! :) LOVE this adorable card! It's perfect and I like the card technique you chose! That's an adorable "bee" at the bottom of your post too! :)

Sharon P said...

Like you, this is the first Hoedown that I've played along -- and I was excited that it was a technique challenge; it is always good to get kicked out of our ruts. :)
Love your card -- that center step does add a "wow"!

Judy Rozema said...

You did a wonderful job on this card! I love those Center Step cards. I especially like the hives stamped on the sides! So glad you joined us at the Hoedown this week!

Whimsey said...

FABULOUS center step card - very impressive. Love the colors; such a great card any recipient will love!!!

Thanks for joining the Hambo Hoedown this week!

Hugs,
Michele

Melissa said...

That is a fab center step card. I like how you added the hive stamp to the edges. Great fall card! Thanks for joing us at the Hoedown!:)