Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Treat...

My youngest daughter is dressing up as a candy corn today. I made her outfit based on the inspiration over here.  It was very easy...and I'm not a seamstress so that is saying something.  I did goof up once and had to remake the dress b/c I cut it too small.  She could get it on, but getting it off was another story.


It's not her turn to bring in holiday treats, but how can a girl dress up as a candy corn and not give out candy corn treats???   I made these for her classmates.  The sleeves are from my SU demo.  Maybe M&Ms are easier to insert into these, but candy corns took a long time. But it was fun!



I made these candy corn sachets to give to her two teachers and also to some of her close adult friends that we will visit later this afternoon after piano lessons!



So, that pile of orange, yellow and white felt has gone down quite a bit and I've got just the right amount to throw into my fabric stash tote.

On to the next project, making soap for Thanksgiving teacher gifts!

7 comments:

mollymoo951 said...

CUTE!

Angie said...

Oh Rebekah! You are something else!!! So Crafty!!!! Love the costume and the treats!!! My SU distributor gave me some m&ms in the sleeve with a paper turky topper the last time ordered. I think they are the absolute cutest gift! You are amazing!

~Michelle~ said...

look at you go! All of your candy corn projects are cute! :)
Making soap...always have thought that sounded like fun...never have tried though! Sounds like a fun fall project! :)

Melissa said...

Oh, candy corn is my favorite fall candy! Great job on the costume!

Cecil and Amy said...

I love love love the candy corn stuff! Happy Halloween to you!

Patricia said...

What a "sweet" costume!! And the gifts are great! I have never made soap but I have always wanted to...is it hard to do?

Melissa said...

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! Hope to see some pics of her in it! :)