Thursday, October 6, 2011

Planting for spring beauty

I have 25 Stargazer Lily bulbs to plant.  My cousin gave me a bag full this summer and I've been needing to send a thank you.  They are one of my favorite flowers.  So big and showy and fragrant.


I'm slowly getting a few cards done for those on my long list of dear ones I want to send cards to.  Some are thank yous, some are thinking of yous, some are just simple hellos.   I love making cards with a specific person in mind.

We are enjoying some beautiful warm, autumn days. Indian Summer.  
I'm so ready for the cold and cozy, but I'll enjoy some more sun rays since they are being offered.

My youngest daughter was home sick a couple of days this week.  One day we took a walk through our field down below and enjoyed the beauty. 

Here are a few glimpses of what we enjoyed,



Love the sun shining through, it has given me much food for thought.

As my mom would often say and write on any chalkboard she came near (we had a few in our house, she loved to write messages on them)  "Take time to smell the flowers."  In essence, take time to enjoy the beauty around you.  And I might add, the beauty within you too.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

You found some BEAUTIFUL things!!! Wow! Love the orange on those flowers and the way you captured the light through the leaves! These bright, warm, sunny days are really making the fall colors pop!!! Loving it!! :)

Bethaney said...

Oooh! Jealous of all those stargazers! I am determined to get some planted, but I always think of it at the wrong time! Love the card and pictures!

Melissa said...

What lovely photos!

MonicaB said...

The last photo is so beautiful. I love autumn colors and the peek of the sun makes it so warm and lovely. Fall is such a wonderful time to take ptotos.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for what you share through your blog...your cards, your pictures and a little glimpse of who you are...I like the chalkboard idea...we have a little chalkboard in our guest room...sometimes people erase our note and leave their own...makes for delightful messages!

505whimsygirl said...

The card is amazing. I just love it. Also, enjoy the photos. I've been out this past weekend taking some photos around where I live. Fall is a perfect time of year.