Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Life is too short,

I made a few "thinking of you" cards this morning.  I made myself sit down and do them in the morning so they would get out in today's mail.  I have apples on the mind from canning up 30 quarts of applesauce this past weekend, so I used my new apple die cute from PTI.



When thoughts of someone have been laid on my heart, I'm trying to remember that it's for a reason.  Our loved ones and friends need to know we care.  I've been the recipient of happy mail that has simply made my day.  I need to post a few examples of that soon.  I have a stash of cards that I rec'd this summer.
Life is too short.  Today is too short.

Just a little of what's been on my mind.
I'm far from being perfect at any of this.
And as you know, a blog is just a place for a person to write.
If these thoughts don't appeal to you, don't worry.
They weren't written with you in mind.
They were simply written to get a few thoughts in writing.
Go, now and enjoy your day!
♥♥♥♥♥

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Wonderful thoughts, Rebekah!!! Thanks for sharing this! How refreshing! Sometimes, when we're giving all we've got, we can get bogged down with the weariness of it, but I'm always refreshed when I realize that I can give so that others might live. :)

Bethaney said...

Thanks for this! I have been thinking the same things. I waste a lot of time and resources and energy on things that I don't need or even want. And then spend a lot of time being frustrated with myself because of it. What a waste of precious time.

~Michelle~ said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we have been reminded these days and love your post.

Melissa said...

What a wonderful post Rebekah! I've been pondering some similar things lately as I try to schedule my days, remembering to take care of the important things (including my quiet time) first and then fill in with the rest as time permits.

Evan and Clover and Co. said...

I do think we think of people for a reason-- and really, how long does it take to dash off a note to someone? I am striving to do that more often. Love the thoughts about time. I also love that calendar in your picture-- I use mine a lot!

Darcie said...

I sooo appreciate your thoughts and for sharing them with us. You may not think you are a poet, but you don't need to be to get these thoughts across. Just like you shared them, spoke right to my heart. Thanks for this post.

MonicaB said...

This is so true. Life is so short and we have to remember to enjoy the time we have. Wonderful post!

Nihao, Cupcake! by Margie said...

Important sentiments! I love those cards, simple & elegant.