Thursday, September 1, 2011

Typewriter fun


 I made this card for my dear aunt and uncle.  We spent a night with them this summer on our way through their state.  I mentioned wanting to find an old typewriter, and all of the sudden there were three of them on the dining room table coming from different parts of the house!!  We had so much fun and some great laughter therapy as we listened to them click and clack away.  My aunt was reciting the familiar typing phrase 


"Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country..."  

My kids were getting the biggest kick out of her.  So this card was a thank you for our stay with them!!  I finally had a reason to buy this fun set from Hero Arts.

My kiddos headed back to school today.  That got me up at 5:30 so I could have my quiet time before all the excitement of waking up to the first day came upon our household.  I hope to keep this kind of routine up so I can be ready to head out the door for a run or bike ride when the kids head off to school.  I'm looking forward to longer rides and runs and then a whole day of possibilities ahead of me!!

Fall is my favorite time of year.  I had one of my kids take some photos of me to update my blog profile pic and other forum avatars for the new season.  I can't wait to get my fleece vests out and enjoy the beauty, color and festivities that fall brings.


Happy days my friends!


5 comments:

Bethaney said...

Great picture! Hope the girls have a good first day!

Anonymous said...

Short sleeves just doesn't seem like fall to me! Nice picture and background...and glad to be reading your blog again.

Melissa said...

I really like the new photo! I'm ready for fall, but I think we have a few more weeks of 100 degree days to go. UGH

Mj said...

love your hairdo in your profile pic..Fall is my favorite, too!

i'm so impressed with you getting up so early..another one of my friends does the same..4:30am!! but, priorities are priorities and it's important to find ways to get them done..or started!! happy biking, running and whole days of possibilities to you!!

Darcie said...

Fall is my ABSOLUTE favorite too!