Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Autumn breezes

Here I am.  
Thoroughly enoying the new season that is upon us.  
AUTUMN.
which means
PUMPKIN BREAD.
Cold toes (goodbye flip-flops, hello socks and slippers).
Apple & Spice scented tart warmers.
Pumpkins & Mums.
Fleece vests and blankets.
Cups of coffee and tea.
Cozy evenings.

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

Here is my favorite Pumpkin Pecan Bread,
(The org. recipe has a glaze but I never make that, saves on calories 
when one is ingesting the whole loaf)


3 1/3 cup flour
3 cups sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 can (15 oz) solid-pack pumkin
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2/3 cup water
1 cup chopped pecans

In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients.  Combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs and water; mix well.  Stir into dry ingredients just until combined; fold in pecans.  Spoon into two greased 9"x5"x3" loaf pans.  Bake at 350* for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.  Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.


And just so you know,
I've been a little quiet because:
I have some new goals.  
I need to get comfortable with them. 
I need to embrace them.
Overall, they are different than the goals I thought I was going to have for this fall/winter.
But that's OK.  I'm thankful for the change I've felt within over this past summer.
I can't quite put those into words yet either.
 I'm not used to all the deep thinking I've been doing lately.
It's new to me and part of the change I speak of.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Rebekah! So good to "see" you!! I've just printed out that delicious sounding recipe to try - I think I have all the ingredients on hand, just need to find time to throw them together.

I did laugh at your good bye note to the flip flops as I'm still running around barefoot most of the time.

Good luck with your new goals and deep thinking! Change can be good when we've really contemplated what we want.

MonicaB said...

I love the smell of pumpkin. Thanks for the wonderful recipe. I love the look of your blog - very fall!!

Darcie said...

Change can be very good! The best changes are those that come from within...like your thought on embracing them. Grab hold and don't let go. :-)

As for that autumn list...*like* every one of them, and the list could go on and on, huh? Enjoy autumn, the change around you, and the change within.

Anonymous said...

Glad to read the update of where you are in life...changes happen not only with seasons but sometimes within minutes!

Time to make your bread recipe again!

Paula Laird said...

Oh yum! Your recipe is almost identical to the one I use except mine has cloves instead of nutmeg. I think I will try it your way as Jeff is not overly fond of cloves. :) And I LOVE your super cute fall header!

Mj said...

yummmmm. will have to get back and print that recipe out! curious to hear what those changes are that you're thinking about making!!! change is exciting, but, also a bit scary? perhaps? maybe not for you...anyway....happy fall! my favorite season ...( i think?? i tend to love all the seasons but autumn has just a special "warmth" to it....)

Bethaney said...

Oh YUM for the pumpkin pecan bread. Will have to try that out!
And good for you embracing goals and changes. I am not sure how my self improvement is going.... :-) We heard (Altamont) that making goals makes us feel good (good intentions), but only accomplishing them can give us peace--have been trying to keep that in mind...

Melissa said...

Your pumpkin bread is THE best! Thinking about you a lot lately. Change is never easy, but some things are worth every bit of effort we have to put into them...

Katie said...

I so appreciated the thought about change.....something I have been working on these past few weeks. Something I totally need to do for me!

I too am thankful for things that have encouraged a change. I could say ditto to your whole last part of this post!! Love to you all!!