Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fresh Tomato-Mozzarella Salad

Ah, summertime bliss. The weeding has slowed down as the plants take over and limit the weed growth. Our tomatoes are in full gear right now. Big & beautiful. Some heirloom, some regular. Delicious. We've already enjoyed a few meals of BLTs. Today I made up this yummy salad using some fresh basil that is ready for harvest also.


Tomato-Mozzarella Salad
from Serving up the Harvest

3 large juicy ripe tomatoes, sliced (I chopped them instead)
8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced (I used mont-jack and cut it in chunks)
8 large basil leaves, torn
1/2 red or sweet onion, thinly sliced (I diced them)
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp good quality sherry, balsamic, or red wine vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
Sea salt and ground pepper

Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for several hours before serving.

Hmmm, I just told about how I always follow recipes...oops!
Guess I do adapt more than I thought.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Janeen said...

i love this salad in all it's variations, i sometimes use feta, sometimes balsamic, sometimes red wine vin. i'm always adampting.

Melissa said...

So good to "see" you!! For some reason your blog isn't updating on my blog list (on my blog), so I just happened to bop over here and find a couple newer posts! Yay!! :)

Stacy@{share and remember} said...

It looks really good! My tomatoes did not do very well this year. :(