Tuesday, July 5, 2011

5K race completed


I have one official 5K race under my belt. Finished with a time of 33:50. Not my best time, but I was feeling kind of sluggish today. And it was pretty warm this morning. But DH ran along-side me which as very nice. I can't wait to try another one, and with some more running practice, I should be able to get a better time.

Then it was off to our friends for a potluck with plenty of other friends. We played many hours of volleyball and kickball. It felt so great soaking up all those sun rays. We did have sunscreen on, so I don't think any of us came home with sunburns. Yea!

It was a lovely day and we're all pretty tired tonight. But I love feeling of being healthy and strong and being able to play hard all afternoon. A great blessing indeed. We even participated in a three-legged race with the kids. They thought it was great fun to watch their parents racing down the lawn.


So, welcome July!
We're off to a fun, happy summer!

4 comments:

mollymoo951 said...

Sounds like fun! Congrats on your first 5K. I ain't got a clue about it...except it's running. LOL. Proud of ya!

Jen said...

Congrats! That's an awesome time in my book. I may have competed the C25K program but I can still be easily out walked when I'm running :-)

Kimberlee said...

Congrats! :)

Mj said...

come on down for the Popeye 5k September 10th? i wonder if you would like to do that? You would definitely beat me with that time!! Woot Woot! You GO girl!!