Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pinky SCS Color Challenge

I'm never used to be a pink kind of girl. I'm not much of a girly-girl. I always wanted six boys. I have two girls and though I'm still not into frills (and neither are my girls, thankfully!), I do love the color pink now. As I said, my girls aren't into fancy much. Same ponytail hairdo every day. Jean skirts. Not a whole lot of drama. I like it that way! :)


***And don't forget, my SMASH'ing giveaway ends today and the winner will be drawn tomorrow morning!! Be sure and enter and follow the entry guidelines for extra chances to win some fabulous SMASH product!!***

So here's my pinky color challenge card for CC326 over on SCS.


I used a new set from Tim Holtz called Nature's Elements.
Love, love his stuff. I have two more new sets and some embellishments to try out also.

On the home-front, it's suppose to get up to 98* today. We had a glorious summer evening last night. DH received his order of a bunch of perennials from Jungs. We worked together tagging, planting and watering them. It's going to be very pretty out there in a few years as things grow and spread.

DD2 had a party up at the school's prairie. Was a hot evening for that, sweat dripping down my back as we simply walked the trails. And somehow it didn't bother me in the least. Felt good actually. We had such a cold, damp spring, but I believe that kind of weather is long gone (well, not really...as we usually only have about 3 months of hot, hot weather here).

Off to finish the mulching, get another flower pot for a stand on my deck, a school and post office errand and then pick a bunch of lettuce and spinach from our garden for a Grilled Chicken Salad this evening for supper. Also have some decluttering to do on the girl's side of our craft table (an old ping-pong table!!). I want to get this done before they are home and monitoring what I'm getting rid of. ;)

Enjoy the day!

4 comments:

Pam said...

LOVE this card!!! I think i shall check out Tim Holtz stamps!

PS - i LOVED the summer kitchen book!

Patricia said...

Beautiful card, Rebekah! I am not that "girlie" or into pink much either but I do love it on a card, and your card is gorgeous!

~Michelle~ said...

oh my...we are pink and frilly at our house! ;) We had to test the pool water today....chilly and VERY refreshing....er freezing!
1/2 day of school and summer is here for real!!

Pretty card!

Melissa said...

Lovely card. Sounds like you are keeping busy with lots of good fun stuff!