Thursday, June 9, 2011

Piercing & Piecing


I always forget about these fun little techniques that can make a big WOW on a card. I followed along with the SCS Ways to Use It Challenge and again with the Color Challenge. I was freshly inspired by Michelle's card yesterday and got out a new Bella set I purchased recently at Archiver's. I love a good, strong cup of tea. Lately I've been having a cup of green tea every morning. It's SO good for you.

~~On the home-front~~
The weather has finally cooled off after some wicked storms last night. On our way to bible study last evening, we drove through some hurricane-like winds with corn field debris and dirt flying so hard we could hardly see in front of us. Just over one road, power lines were laid flat by that same wind, so glad we were safe and almost to our destination. When we arrived, they had no power, so we sat and chatted until the storm was over and then headed back home!

Today is the last day of school, complete with a picnic on the playground.
So, with that, I'm off for an outdoor run, so I can be showered and ready to head up to Subway for some subs for our picnic lunch.
Then a doctor appointment with my dad.

It won't feel like it's summer vacation for me until Tuesday next week.
☼ ☼ ☼
I can't wait!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

VERY cute! Makes me smile! :) I've been trying to sneak in a few more cups o' tea too lately and have my electric kettle setting out to remind myself to drink up! Cheers for good-for-you things!! :)

~Michelle~ said...

very cute card...love the piercing and the piecing!

Thankfully we missed the storms last night...but we sure could use some nice gentle rain here!

M/A. has been with us this week while M is visiting her bro. Summer vacation has begun! :)

Melissa said...

That is a lovely card! Sounds like you've got a busy schedule - enjoy!

Jen said...

So cute. I love the colors and the adorable little girl. Enjoy summer!

Patricia said...

Gorgeous card! I love the tea cup!