Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy Retirement


I made this for one of our teacher's who is retiring this year. I hope I don't have any more babies now...she was the best Kindergarten teacher! We are going to miss her. We'll continue to see her every week, because my daughter just signed up for piano lessons with her. I just might too. My kids are getting all musical with piano, voice, guitar, clarinet and french horn lessons...I can play the piano, but just my ear and not very well. Maybe this fall I'll start.

I played along with the Free for All challenge over on SCS this morning. I pulled my Sense of Time set out. I loved it and had to have and I think I've only inked up one of the sentiments!! The clock has always scared me. But I overcame my fear, just as I will in the dentist chair later this morning....wish me luck. I'm off to have stage 1 of some dental work done. Not my idea of fun for the first day of summer vacation.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Another beautiful card!

Melissa said...

This is wonderful!!! Love those colors and the collage look it has! Thinking of you today, knowing you'll be sitting in that dental chair! Hugs! :)

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Great card!!! Both you have a whole orchestra in your home! :) xoxo

Amy said...

What a lovely card! I am sure she loved it!!

mollymoo951 said...

Love the collage-y feel of the card. I play piano, too; but not by ear. I say when you get ready, go for it!