Monday, June 13, 2011

5K Training


Well, it's official, I will be running in a 5K race this summer.
I'm so excited!

I've been doing the actual distance for the last couple of weeks, and each time I beat my previous time. I was on the treadmill though, so today I headed outside and still beat my previous two times. I felt so much stronger.

I love use my Garmin.
It helps me keep on track pace-wise.
I look forward to looking at all that it recorded for me on my run...
and that keeps me inspired while running to do my BEST.


Other inspiration comes from:

This quote,
"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
-George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

I love this, because lately I've realized something. When I get tired and feel like walking, that's when I'm only running with my legs instead of my whole body and being. Weird and deep sounding I know, but it's true and when I change things around and throw my mind and whole body into it, my legs all of the sudden feel stronger.

This note from my daughter that I found in my running shoes the other morning,
Is that sweet or what?
It made my run that much easier, knowing the healthy example I'm setting for my girls by keeping myself active and healthy through what could other wise be a mid-life slump.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

You go, girl! :) Love that quote and how sweet is that little note?! :) BIG smile!!!!

Mj said...

where is the 5k going to be? here's me cheering you on from the sidelines wherever it is...sounds like it's happening often as it is!! Congrats! Seems i need constant positive encouragement..thanks for posting that quote!

Janeen said...

great quote, never saw that one before. cute note to post for us. Also have you ever seen the movie, Forrest Gump? Run Forrest Run!

Lani said...

Awww... that's sweet. Kind of like in Finding Nemo where they were sing song chanting "Keep on swimming. Keep on swimming. Keep on swimming." :) You're gonna do GREAT! Good for you. Maybe you need to post this over at our exercise blog, to get the rest of us motivated. Hee.

Bethaney said...

Good for you! What does the Garmin track exactly? That is an awesome quote! When we were getting up in the mornings at 5 to milk before school, I used to always tell myself that being tired is mostly in my head. If I didn't think I was tired, I won't be as tired.

Seems like you have a great built in cheerleader there! :-)

mollymoo951 said...

Congrats on going to run a 5K! Love the quote - we watched the Patton movie on Memorial Day. The note on the running shoes is precious! You gonna "smash" it? :-D