Friday, May 13, 2011

Guest post, Welcome Melissa!

Big Picture Classes

I am so excited to be here on Rebekah’s blog today sharing about something that I truly enjoy and that has changed my scrapbooking. I’m Melissa and I have crossed paths with Rebekah in several online courses. Over the past several months we’ve gotten to know each other through our blogs. Rebekah recently signed up for Stacy Julian’s new Finding Photo Freedom workshop at BPC. I will be a coach in that workshop, helping answer questions and blogging about how I’ve adapted the system into my own Library of Memories. Rebekah asked me to share a little about this system and how it has inspired me.

I first learned about Stacy Julian’s Library of Memories system when I read her book Photo Freedom in the fall of 2009. When I read that she had an online class designed to help others set up this system, I immediately logged on to see when the next course was scheduled. The 2010 Library of Memories workshop at Big Picture Classes was fabulous and I now have my system all set up.

The first project was organizing all my photos – printed & digital. I am a fairly organized person, so my printed photos were already organized chronologically either in albums or in photo boxes. My digital photos were also organized in folders chronologically on my computer; however I had two years of photos that I had never printed. I’d never taken the time to set up a system to upload and print those photos. During the LOM workshop, I created a digital workflow, basically a step-by-step guide for processing my digital photos beginning with uploading to the computer all the way to printing and putting them in my storage binders.

The system is not only about organizing photos, it is also about being able to find a photo and scrap whenever and whatever inspires you. Instead of scrapping all my photos chronologically, I can pull photos from my birthday in 2009 and create a layout, then pull photos from last month and create a layout about the donkey basketball game we attended (that’s another story!). I have albums to house all the layouts by category, so all my birthday layouts go in our Days We Celebrate album regardless of what year the birthday occurred or what year I scrapped it.

I was so inspired with this new organization of my photos and layouts that I created over 250 layouts last year! To read a full description of my system, click here. I hope you’ll join me and Rebekah in the upcoming Finding Photo Freedom workshop at BPC – registration is open now and the pre-classroom is full of material and assignments to get you started organizing your photos & setting up a system that will allow you to scrap inspirationally. (Hurry – registration closes on May 28 and class starts on June 2!) To learn more or to register, click here.


Thank you, Melissa! I'm really looking forward to taking Stacy's class. I need to get busy working on the pre-class assignments. Please feel free to ask Melissa any questions or leave a comment. We would love to here from you!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks Rebekah for asking me to share about this system that I so enjoy! I'm looking forward to "seeing" you in the Finding Photo Freedom workshop.

Tammy said...

Love, love, love Photo Freedom and Library of Memories. It changed the way I scrapbooked too. It is so worth every penny! Enjoy.

Margie S (xnomads) said...

Great post, Melissa! I love my LOM system and I am so excited for FPF as Stacy always comes up with such wonderful alterations to her system. I can't believe you made so many layouts last year - that's awesome! Since taking LOM I have made far more layouts than I ever have - that is for sure.

Melissa said...

Rebekah - thanks for the opportunity to share about something I truly enjoy and that has inspired my scrapbooking! I'm looking forward to "seeing" you in the Finding Photo Freedom class. Nice to see a few familiar faces here Tammy & Margie!