Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Digging in the dirt

I love Project Life by Becky Higgins

Wow! I feel like a new person! I finally got to dig in the dirt yesterday, so hence, nothing crafty to show you. I got all my flower pots filled, front and back. They are my pride and joy all summer long...so bright and lush. I do red, white, yellow and purple out front. I have a bunch of pots clustered around our flag pole and then a few by the rocking chairs on the front walkway. Then out back on our deck, I do pinks, purples, yellows and white. I also did a red,white, blue and yellow arrangement for my mom's grave site. Dad likes to see color there and I don't like silk arrangements. Plus, they just blow away in the wind we often get and get faded by the sun. I'm only a few minutes away, so it's not hard to keep it watered.

I'll post pictures of the flowers once they get growing and are nicely established, but for now, here's proof of my dirty hands!

Mmmm, fresh basil.


And while I'm sharing a photo, I'll share some more PL photos of the day.

Cobalt blue goblets I rec'd for a wedding shower gift! We still have all 4. They are pulled out for special occasions...like our anniversary.


New running shoes. And yes (Bethaney!), I finally found where the long lace goes after you've tightened the shoes up...there is a pocket for it on top of the tongue!


Baltimore Orioles frequented our back deck for bites of orange slices.


Life without this friend wouldn't be the same. I have a nice bag for it, but it often sits out on the counter poised for action.


My daughter got the game of Blokus for her birthday. Awesome game of strategy and fun.


5 comments:

Melissa said...

Great photos Rebekah!

~Michelle~ said...

whoot! I went and got most of my flowers today....soon my deck will be all pretty for summer! I'm thinking it will make an appearance yet!

Blokus is a fun one to play with the kids! :)

Jen said...

Great photos! I can't wait to see the flowers you've described. What kind of running shoes did you get? I'm going to need new ones.

By the way, thanks for stopping by my blog again. The book I was reading was the Amen Solution about eating a brain healthy diet. I'm also enjoying Eat Your Way to Happiness right now, too.

You know, if you're on Facebook we should connect. Then we can talk more about running and sugar and art and our OLW, etc.. You can find me at www.facebook.com/jenslutsky and www.facebook.com/byjen

Evan and Clover and Co. said...

I've got to get my basil going-- although it's been so cold and rainy, I'm not sure it would have done well so far! My camera lives on the counter or desk, too. It's hard enough getting a picture of the kids at the right time without having to unzip a bag, too!

Jen said...

I'll find your email again and we'll "chat" (that's really no different than messages through Facebook)!