Thursday, April 28, 2011

Scrapbook organizing class has begun

Remember this post? Well, class began Tuesday morning (sorry registration for this free class is over, but I think Simple Scrapper will be running it again in May). We are to claim one area of focus. I dug into this bin and got things sorted. I found some great birthday party things that I've saved over the last few years. Tickets, brochures, maps, etc from trips we've taken, memorial cards from funerals we've attended, wedding souvenirs, etc. They are all sorted now, and each category has it's own large envelope. I feel such relief now...when more of these types of things come in, they won't just be stashed in the cupboard...they have a HOME! AND, when I'm ready to scrapbook something I have items saved for, I can just grab the envelope for that event or occasion, and I'll have all the memorabilia in one handy spot.

The before picture,

The cleaned and organized bin,

The old art room cupboard from a school auction, where most of my memorabilia and sentimental stuff gets stashed...or had been stashed. It's clean and ready for some other use now.

I also found some completed scrapbook pages at the bottom of the bin (along with some fabulous extra scrapbook paper too!), which was a wonderful reminder that I can SCRAPBOOK! I felt so inspired finding these treasures. I think they are from Fall 2008.




10 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

organizing is almost as much fun as crafting in my book! Looks nice!! :)

Jane said...

wow, wish I could get that organised!

Jennifer Wilson said...

This looks amazing Rebekah - so proud of you!

Kari said...

i LOVE organizing! so happy for you
:D
happy scrappin and thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi!

xo

Vernell said...

Awesome job! I am doing this class as well but more hoping to purge my paper.

Sherry C said...

Yay for you, I love organizing!

I love your header!

Melissa said...

This class looks awesome! You'll have to keep me posted on how you like it as time goes on!!!

Rachel B said...

It feels so good to have a sort out doesn't it? My craft room is well over due! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Gail said...

Hadn't heard about this class. Will have to keep an eye out for it in the future. It must feel super getting that all organized.

Christi said...

Wow! That looks wonderful, Rebekah! You did a great job! You've inspired me to work on getting things I've saved for scrapbooking organized. Right now everything is just thrown in a drawer.