Monday, April 4, 2011

PIF gifts

Now that all of my PIF gifts have been delivered,
I'll share with you what I did!

I made some purple soap! Two of the ladies that commented on my PIF blog post are fellow flybabies and with them in mind, I set out to figure out how to make purple soap for them!! Flylady's main color is purple. I have a DF that makes soap quite regularly, so I asked for help in this project. She shared her favorite recipe, and we both looked into alkanet root, which is a natural colorant that soap makers use to color their soaps purple. I found a blog post about it here, so we knew we were on the right track!



4 comments:

Stacy@{share and remember} said...

I love mine! Thank you so much! I wondered how you made purple soap! That's one thing I've never tried, making soap. It's really nice. Thanks again!

Melissa said...

Look at that! Purple soap! You are just too creative!! :)

~Michelle~ said...

very cool...it looks beautiful!
Happy Spring! :)

Janeen said...

looks great. what did you mold them in? or what did you cut them with?