Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's birthday time here and that means it's time to make PENGUINS again!

Once again, we've found some fun penguin treats to make for DD1 to bring in her to class. I told her if we have to do penguins again next year (this has been the 3rd year in a row...the girl is in infatuated with them...), that we'll have to start doing some repeats!!

Other fun penguin treats we've made in the past include:
Cream Cheese Penguins
Penguin cupcakes (1st year)
Penguin cupcakes (last year)

Here are some snippets from my day yesterday.
The idea came from the blog, Our Best Bites.

Upside down penguins, having their bellies and feet added...

white cuppies...

the whole bunch....
the guy in the back looks like he's trying to find a way to escape!!

peeking out...


This one looks a little sad???

Please tell me they look like penguins and not....owls. That's what I keep thinking they kinda' look like...

And one final shot,
Momma' had a little treat in between penguin duty!
No, I didn't care for the penguin goop.
I'm a chocolate girl, but this sure tasted might fine!
I used this frosting recipe.
The cupcake is just a mix. I forgot that I wanted to try this recipe. Scroll down on their page to find the cupcake recipe.
Oh well, there's always a next time.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Such cute penguins! I love these kinds of creations - yummy and cute.

mollymoo951 said...

Cute Rebekah! :-D

Melissa said...

These are adorable!! Made me smile just seeing them! That cupcake looks y-u-m-m-y! :)

Anonymous said...

They do not look like owls...they are cute...