Friday, March 25, 2011

A happy moment without my camera



I entered this on my private scrapbooking blog. This is where I upload pictures and journal for future inspiration for a scrapbook page. I'm thrilled that this class is getting me going on this project again.

Destined for a non-photo scrapbook page!
What do you think?


I didn't bring my camera with me, and later I realized I should have.
Then I told myself this would be a good practice of "living in the moment".
I immediately calmed down and enjoyed every bit of the moment!

My daughter and I went up to the school playground to play ball and run around last evening.

It's about 34*. Clear, no wind.
Running up beside her; she was riding her scooter lickety-split.
She in her pink cowgirl boots, jeans, pink jacket, pink sunglasses and pink hat.
All the pinks pretty much matching.
Cute to the MAX.
Smiling.
Happy.
Loving all the running around.
Four square.
Kicking the ball back and forth.

Me, happy, smiling and loving all the running around too.
Beautiful sunset behind us.
Beautiful contrails in the sky.
Alive.
Healthy.
Savoring the precious moments of a child's life.
Living in it.
Not behind it (camera).

Just minutes before, I was inwardly unhappy.
Feeling fat.
Feeling unhealthy.

While running around, I made some resolutions.
Eat better.
Daily FIVE.
FIVE good things per day must be eaten every day.
Think
Fruits.
Vegetables.
Less sugar.
Less butter.

Eat better.
Feel better.

Home to play a game of Old Maid with my girls.
Happy.
Giggling.
Unwinding.
Fun.

Mmmm, this feels so good to write this all up.
No pictures.
Just thoughts.
A well lived memory in my mind.
My cheeks and nose still cold from the night air.

3 comments:

Stephanie Medley-Rath said...

Perfect. It always seems easier, at least to me, to scrapbook with a photo, but all you really need is the story. Nice post. Found you through BFS.

Melissa said...

What a GREAT scrapbook page this is going to be! It's as good as a outright poem!!! LOVE IT!!! Thanks for sharing such an awesome idea!

Janeen said...

Excellent Rebekah, I thought I was reading an old time story. You brought me right into your scene with you.