Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Craft countdown 3: Pie dish carriers

Here you can see the pie dish inside. It's still hanging on the hook above.

This is what it looks like opened up. The strap going across the middle gets pulled through two tabs, one of which you can see at the bottom of the picture.


This project has been sitting on my project table since last October! I made one for myself back in October when my MIL was visiting and could offer me her sewing expertise as I needed it! She was quite taken with the carrier idea, so, of course, I told her I would make her one. I might be slow, but I do remember what I promised! I found this project in Quick Quilts, #117. I also made her a coordinating card!

Stamps: PTI Friendship Jar, SU Tiny Tags

Paper: SU Cherry Cobbler, PTI Kraft and Ivory

Inks: SU Cherry Cobbler, River Rock, Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories: PTI Friendship dies, Nesties Labels 14, SU vintage brads, linen thread, fabric, cuttlebug embossing folder

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious how you actually carry this pie carrier as it appears to have long handles.

Your Rag Quilt Totes are cute.

Melissa said...

Interesting idea! I have a pie basket I use when I'm carrying pies, which I love. I've never seen the pie dish carrier idea before! I love that PTI set! :) I need to dig it out and let it see some ink!! Cute card!

Melissa said...

What a great carrier! We often carry food and dessert to meetings and such, but I've never seen one like this. Thanks for sharing.