Monday, March 14, 2011

Craft Countdown 1: Flower pins



A penguin flower pin for my penguin-crazed DD1...



Recently I spent a fun day with a friend making some flower pins! There are several sites out there telling you how to make flower things with the new SU flower dies. Here are a couple of sites that I went by somewhat, Patty Stamps and StampShackLady.


My friend also told me about this fun idea, Simply Vintagegirl Blog. To make our red flower, we used some pieces cut from a red slip that my friend found at our thrift store!!! I can't imagine when you would wear a red slip, but maybe that's why it was the thrift store LOL!! Anyway, the technique really makes the edges look cool. Using a tea light, you "melt" the edges and they melt and curl up a bit! I can't wait to wear the red one with my black vest, white shirt and a jean skirt. Cute or what? :)

3 comments:

Stacy@{share and remember} said...

Beautiful! I love the netting in the ones above & the singed edges of the last two. I've been wanting to make some - I'll have to look at Goodwill for fabrics. Good idea.

~Michelle~ said...

very cute! I love finding things at thrift stores/rummage sales to repurpose! Fun!

Melissa said...

What a great idea...and so pretty!