Welcome! If you are participating in the blog hop, you have arrived here from Nicky's blog, http://seejanebake.blogspot.com.
If you have started here at my blog, be sure and go back to Margie's blog and start at the beginning, http://xnomads.typepad.com/
Otherwise, continue on from here to Relly's blog, http://rel.ly
But first, my creations!!
I made this little pillow as a daily reminder to myself of my OLW. I've been so inspired by all the cute felt flowers and word pillows on Etsy and really, everywhere online. So I decided to try my hand at one for myself. I used this tutorial for the felt flowers and these flowers as my template. The letters are from a foam stamp set, MM Jersey Uppercase. They were painted on the fabric (just some plain ivory decor-type heavy duty fabric from Joann's) with FolkArt #2555, Deep Ocean Blue.
The letters were stamped with PTI, Fresh Alphabet on Bazzill Orange Peel white cardstock. I used some flourishes and crackle background stamps to artsy up the background. Then for durability, I ran them through my laminator.
I’ve also begun journaling about my experiences with this one little word, Mindfulness, that I’ve chosen.
One afternoon, my youngest daughter and I headed into town to run some errands. I was in a hurry from the get-go, because my oldest daughter was at her piano and voice lessons and would likely get home before we did. Knowing that she is not comfortable with that, I wanted to try my hardest to be home ASAP. I did attempt to stop at school so I that I could forewarn her of our plans, but there was a sign directing everyone to enter through the high school entrance. This would have taken too much time, so we drove off. Later, my daughter told me she would have stayed at school to watch a basketball game if she had known I was gone.
So while my youngest daughter and I were hurrying through Walmart (speed-walking), we missed an opportunity to see one of my daughter’s previous teachers and her new baby. She tried calling out to us, but because we were walking so fast, we didn’t hear her.
For other blog entries
about my OLW, follow these links:
And that’s all from me! I look forward to February’s journey and hope to get out some canvas for a OLW February project!
And for a giveaway, I am offering 5 homemade bookmarks with your OLW on it. I will select 5 random commentors to receive these, so leave a comment telling me what your OLW is and what at least 2 of your favorite colors are.
Feel free to "follow" me too!! Check back on Monday, February 7th to see if you’ve been picked. ♥
1) Margie www.xnomads.typepad.com
2) Jill Conyers Life [as I see it]
3) Monica scraplifters.blogspot.com
4) Lynn W www.crafty-creativity.blogspot.com
5) Miranda http://mirandasscrapsite.blogspot.com
7) Kathy www.katswonderings.blogspot.com
12) April http://capturethememories.blogspot.com
15) Relly http://rel.ly
16) Nancy www.goshery.blogspot.com
17) Cynthia http://paperpapereverywhere.blogspot.com/
18) Kathryn www.katlodesigns.com
19) Nikki www.inkyart.com.au
20) Heather http://scrappyhare.blogspot.com
21) Gayle www.lifeonlilypadlane.blogspot.com
22) Kristina http://ciqis.blogspot.com
23) Debra http://blakleyhomeplace.blogspot.com
24) Becky http://beckyandjames.com
25) Amy www.reflectivesnapshots.com
26) Marlene http://moore-fun-in-the-sun.blogspot.com/
27) Maureen http://cookingmylife.blogspot.com
28) Cheri http://cheriandrews.blogspot.com
29) Monica Scrapmom questtoperfectimperfection.blogspot.com
31) Junelle, http//yesandamenblog.blogspot.com/
32) Margaret www.gutsymom.blogspot.com
33) Sharyn www.analteredlife.com