Thursday, February 24, 2011

Geranium RAK card

Stamps: PTI Around & About sentiments, Judith little dots stamp stick, freebie clip art

Paper: SU Poppy Parade, Old Olive, Basic Black, First Edition DP, PTI White

Inks: Memento Tuxedo black

Accessories: black ribbon, tearing edge, copics, distresser, stipple brush


Down the road from us, there is a lady that keeps beautiful geraniums in a big, long window. They are so bright and cheery and I smile every time I see them. I have some in my window too, but my window isn't as big, nor is it in view of passersby! Nor are my geraniums so loaded with blossoms. I wanted to send her a card last winter too, and never did. I want her to know how much I appreciate the beauty from her window. I think random RAKs like this are awesome and would love to think of more to do. We need to spread joy and let people know how they sprinkle (Stacy Julian's word!!) our world with joy. If you care to do this, please let me know in a comment what you've done! I'd love further ideas on this.

I love this little freebie I found,

Source

2 comments:

mollymoo951 said...

Beautiful card! Outstanding...gorgeous! I try to do random RAKs at work...sure makes everyone smile a bit. Including me!

Melissa said...

Oh, what a wonderful RAK! I need to pay more attention to those people out there who may need a little happy mail from time to time! I think the last thing I may have done was have flowers delivered to a patient after she left the office...she was battling some tough health issues and was in quite the fowl mood that day. I figured what she needed was a flower surprise. :)