Monday, February 21, 2011

Birthday time

Stamps: PTI Around & About sentiments, OCL Anna Mae (balloons)

Paper; SU Only Orange, SU Ice Cream Parlor DP, Basic Black, Rose Red

Inks: SU Only Orange, Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories: QuicKutz Birthday Penguin die, SU Scribbles Swirls sizzlet, silver cording, silver gems, orange seam binding ribbon, Ice Cream Parlor border sticker, corner rounder



I can't believe it's almost March. And that brings on a big birthday month in our families. Lots of birthdays on both my husband and my sides of the family! My oldest daughters birthday is one of them. She still loves penguins, so I put this birthday card together for her with Digital Tuesday's challenge in mind, and again forgot to use something digital!!!!! What a goon I am! But I did use some of the awesome seam binding ribbon that I won from Michelle's blog candy!

The penguin is leftover from DD's birthday party last year or the year before when I made napkin ring holders with them (she has wanted a penguin theme for 3 years in a row now...super cost effective that way, I tell ya'). I saw him through one of my see-through bins while I was running on the treadmill the other day. I had saved them all to use for a future scrapbook page about her party. Of course, that has not been done yet, so I thought I would make good use of one of them on her card. Just had to update his party hat a bit.

6 comments:

Patricia said...

Rebekah, your card is adorable!! I love the penguin and I love the layers in the top left corner!

Melissa said...

What a lovely card! I need to work on my cards for March, but I've been putting it off since there's only one or two. Maybe in a few days I'll sit down and whip those out.

Pam said...

Adorable card! That swirl is so neat - can you make it using a Cuttlebug?

Rebekah said...

Yes, that is what I run my sizzlits through!

Melissa said...

ADORABLE!!! Love all the bling on it too! :) March can't come soon enough, IMO!

mollymoo951 said...

OMGosh! CUTE! This is adorable!