Monday, January 31, 2011

Valentines Use-Your-Stash challenge




Edited to add: I've dated this post so that it will stay at the top while this challenge is running! All new posts will be showing up below this!


My goal for all my Valentine's this year (for friends & family....not my kids classroom valentines) is to use what is already in my stash.

Anyone else want to join me?

We can start a little blog hop-a-roo!
Leave a comment if you would like to join me in this fun challenge, and then come back and link us up with your blog and creation. ♥

Here's one I made:
I played along with CC305

Stamps: SU Holidays & Wishes
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Cherry Cobbler, Melon Mambo, assorted DP
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Melon Mambo (for sponging)
Accessories: Sizzlit heart dies, SU heart and corner rounder punches, sponge


And a card for my DD who LOVES penguins!

Stamps: OCL Penguin Fun, PTI Fresh Alphabet, SU All Holidays, SU Loving Hearts (inside)
Paper: SU Cherry Cobbler, White, Pink Pirouette
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Sizzlit heart dies, Nesties circles and circle scallops, PTI Banner die, red brads, Cuttlebug heart embossing folder, sponge


and the inside...


and the layers, just for fun...


I made another one today, but I won't post that until the recipient has seen it...which will be a few weeks. :)

I'm so pleased with this fun little project I completed last evening. It was based on something that I had printed off, and I'm so sorry that I can't give credit where it's due. So if you have ever seen this and know who originally had this beautiful idea, please share with me. I made it my own through different embellishments, but still, the original idea got me going. This is for DD2's teacher for a Valentine's gift. It holds a Hobby Lobby gift card. Her teacher is a very crafty person, so I'm sure she'll find something there to suit her needs!

I also used everything from my stash. I had two things that I thought I needed to get. Our local quilt shop has a bin of wool felt scraps, so I was wanting some pink for the heart. Until I realized, I had a whole bunch of fabric scraps. Why not dig around in that tote. Surely, with two girls in the house, I have some pinky-type scraps. :)

Supplies: PTI Ocean Tides Felt, SU 5" Scallop square die, SU linen thread, PTI buttons,
MM dyeable trims (lace), K&Co stitched felt ribbon (handle), fabric (heart), Sizzix heart die, Sizzlit mini tag, SU Tagger's Dozen("for you").


One last card for the evening last night, using up some scraps!

Stamps: NONE!
Paper: SU Pretty in Pink, Basic Grey Bittersweet Mousse
Inks: Melon Mambo

Accessories: PTI button, ribbon from my stash, SU heart trio punch, paper crimper, Nesties scallop heart, dimensionals.




21 comments:

Patricia said...

I would love to join you! When do you want the blog posted? (my blog address is: mycraftycreationspatricia.blogspot.com )

Rebekah said...

Anytime between now and Valentine's Day! Thanks for playing along!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

I can play....but you know you'll have to remind me! LOL

Lisa said...

As you know I've gotten rid of all my stamp/scrapping "stuff", but I love using up fabric scraps for sewing! My goal this year is to put a large dent in my scrap buckets, will be thinking of you!

Rebekah said...

Lisa! It's great to hear from you! I've been thinking of you...just saw the clan's pictures...made me smile and "tear" all at once! Such a great, big happy family...and such a collection of beautiful kiddos!! :) I see E, C & Co following me too now. :)

I've got some fabric projects to finish up too...and using some of those scraps on cards would be fun!

Rebekah said...

Glad you can play too Lee. I'll remind you on SCS if I think of it!

Melissa said...

I'll play along! :) I need the extra inspiration to use my stash!!! LOL!

Melisa Hunter said...

Sounds like a great challenge. I'm getting new Valentine stamps in the mail, but that will count as my future stash. I won't buy anything else! ;)

Misti said...

I've made a couple of cards that I'll link just as soon as I can. I think a few more that I'll be making will qualify too... all from my stash! :)

Rebekah said...

Wohoo, doesn't it feel great? :)

Janeen said...

i like the idea, use what's on hand, Rebekah. It is my mantra/goal for this year. I'm going to do a blog post on it. Not just stamps but lots of things. So here's my link but you already found it on my blog. :) I will post more as I go. I did another like this one with a little red and white checked ribbon across the top. Variety but similar. Fun of you to do this.

Rebekah said...

Thanks for playing along Janeen! I love your card, thanks for posting a link here! :) Will look forward to your "using what you have" post.

Stacy@{share and remember} said...

Ok, I'll bite! I'll see what I can do with all my stuff! :)

Rebekah said...

Can't wait to see what you create Stacy!

Janeen said...

i like yor little fabric heart

Christa Sterken said...

I saw your blog listed on BPS, wow I love your ideas and would enjoy the challenge of using what I have. Making cards is pretty new to me so I will hopefully learn some new techniques. How do I link my blog as per your suggestion? Thenks, Christa
www.christasterken.wordpress.com

Melissa said...

I have been hoping to play along and am determined to work on my cards at least some this week, so hopefully will add a link soon! BTW - I have something for you on my blog!

Patricia said...

Oops! I posted the right link there now, Rebekah! Sorry!

Scrapcollectr said...

I entered using a card I made and posted last Friday. It used my old stash of K&Co paper, but a recently found tutorial for a bendy foldy card. Hope you like it!
*smile*

Rebekah said...

Thank you for all the submissions so far, they are beautiful! Very inspiring!!

stampandweave said...

Cute cards and gift card holder!