Saturday, January 1, 2011

One Little Word, MINDFULNESS

Welcome to a new year! I'm excited to start on a new journey for me, one of keeping a word in mind the whole year through. I have chosen "mindfulness" because I love how it will touch many aspects of my life that I want to improve, both spiritual and natural. I am participating in Ali Edward's One Little Word project this year. Also, new this year, is her class "One Little Word" over at BPC which I will also be participating in.

I spent some time researching my word of the year and found a wonderful acronym for my word and a beautiful quote to inspire me as I start this journey!




“Mindfulness can be thought of as moment-to-moment, nonjudgmental awareness, cultivated by paying attention in a specific way, that is, in the present moment, as non-reactively, and as openheartedly as possible.”

-Jon Kabat-Zinn





2 comments:

Janeen said...

I love it Rebekah and thank you for posting. It means so much this "mindfulness" and I want to do more of it too.

Melissa said...

I like it!! I could use a lot of work on this too! Thanks for sharing!!