Thursday, January 20, 2011

A lovely day indeed!

I love Project Life by Becky Higgins

Lisa Cohen's Wellness Jouney at Big Picture Classes

A 2 for 1 kind of day!!

Wow, I had a wonderful morning. A DF and I met up at a state park and cross country skied. It was awesome. A tad cold at first, but we quickly warmed up. Nature has such a beautiful way of clearing my head. I've felt like I've been in such a fog lately. Part of it has been a sense of discouragement with my running progress. Monday I switched to a different program and started from scratch. This was not at all satisfying. It didn't push me to my limit like the other program does. I need that. The intensity and sweat works to clear my mind, giving me the peace of mind and self image that helps make me confident for other daily choices I need to make. I'm going to switch back to my original program and scale back to week 5.


I did some jouraling about it last evening before I went to bed and came to this conclusion:

I want to do this.
I can do this.
I just have to be willing to work for it.



And so below is a photo that sums up my feelings.

I love how Mother Nature was able to
reflect her sense of calm into my heart today.

This little creek was still babbling away in places.
Amazing, given how cold it's been...and is. Today it's about 11*!

1 comment:

stampandweave said...

Skiing sounds fun!

The biggest key to success I've found is exactly the mental clarity you've found here. Once I've really wrapped my mind around a thing, it's not a problem to do it and to WANT to do it. Until then, well, that's a different story that just leaves a person with the "I shoulds".