Friday, January 7, 2011

***LOVE*** this....

What a wonderful post...that list of things that should make you feel important is so awesome.

I gave blood today (the check-in lady spelled my name wrong), so that fits in with "You helped someone that was helpless." It takes an hour or so, but it's a worthy cause and one that doesn't involve digging into your wallet or bank account.

I have fresh appreciation for 2 things that we already contribute to. My cousin's little baby boy has had a rough, but fighting start to his little life. His parents have been staying at a Ronald McDonald house. DD2's class collects pop tabs to donate to the RMH. And we give blood. This little guy needed a blood transfusion recently. Something close to home like this helps you appreciate the efforts of those who give to causes that help your loved ones out.


DH and I spent most of the day together which was super enjoyable also.
The day was topped off with a delicious home-cooked meal of Ribeye steaks, salad, fresh broccoli, and Anna potatoes (except I leave my potatoes whole, partially peeled (top part) and just thinly slice them, but don't cut all the way through. Sprinkle S&P, Rosemary, Garlic & Onion powder and pour melted butter over them. The potatoes fan out nicely while baking. Baste with butter often.). WONDERFUL!


I'm off to stamp a card. It's been way too long and I'm in the mood to create something flowery or colorful! ***Disclaimer, this is no indication that I'm weary of winter. It only means I have enough winter cards made already and need some "Thinking of you" and other every day cards.

Have a wonderful weekend. Unplug if you can and focus on the beautiful, important things you can be/do without technology! That's my aim!

1 comment:

Janeen said...

I started giving blood last year and I'm so glad I'm able to do that. In a small community you get to chat with all the people you don't see over the year. It's a good feeling.