Monday, January 3, 2011

January menu

Wow, another month...another year has gone by. YIKES!! Time flies when you are having fun. I realized today, as hormones surged and tried to tell me I was an overworked/whelmed SAHM, that it's not so much what I need to do that overwhelms me, but I want to do. That's some revelation!! This morning, I finally decided to make a list of what needed to be done. There were only about 5 things on it, 3 of which were in the process of being done (things I need to cook/bake). I giggled to myself when realized just how little I had to do today and here I was feeling so overwhelmed. Good grief. More on this later...

So here's some of my meal ideas for January that will be made in addition to the ho-hum regulars like spaghetti, pizza and other family friendly dinners! Seems like I had some yummy dessert recipes I wanted to try, but I'll have to get back to you with those.

Cajun Jambalaya
Asian Beef
Beef Stroganoff
Herbed Sweet & Sour Chicken
Tacoritos
Baked Spaghetti
Halibut Lasagna
Meatloaf
Tater Tot Casserole
Baked Oatmeal (Thanks Stacy!!! We have this a lot during the winter.)
PW Cinnamon Rolls
Ham, Broccoli, & Cheddar Soup
Chicken Enchilada Soup
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So true! I get so overwhelmed, but know it's because I expect too much of myself in a day's time! The necessities in a day don't make quite as long of a list as I imagine. It's just I imagine myself doing A LOT more and it's not realistic at all!
All that food makes me drool! :)