Monday, January 3, 2011

Ramblings, OLW and Wellness

I'm really here now! Since posting the "winter break" post, the posts following have all been scheduled.

Wow, I've been read several things this morning that have had the same theme...PRIORITIES!! Maybe that should have been my "one little word" LOL! But, no, I love my word MINDFULNESS. It's also already helped me through a few things today.

Here are a few things I've read:

This post, (thanks Paula...I hopped on SCS Flybabies just briefly and saw your post about this)

This quote came in my email today and is part of some daily quotes that Lisa is sending us for our Wellness Journey class. I hope it's OK to post it here, if not, I'll delete it.

"Set priorities for your goals. A major part of successful living lies in the ability to put first things first. Indeed, the reason most major goals are not achieved is that we spend our time doing second things first."

- Henry David Thoreau

BEWARE: ramblings ahead...

I have 3 priorities that I really do keep in line.
God
Family (DH, DDs and Dad)
Friends

But I need to work on my other priorities, and so I'm going to start outlining what those are. I think it will help me with my "mindfulness" project. It will help me ask myself everyday "What is it I want to accomplish that lines up with my priorities in life?"

Some of these other priorities include (in no particular order yet): scrapbooking (documenting life), photography, keeping my house in order at a sane level, paperwork, exercise, online friendships, expanding my horizons.

As the quote above points out, a lot of times we spend our time doing second things first. That makes life very frustrating for me and takes the balance out of my life IMMEDIATELY.

How do I want to put those in order?
How consumed do I want to be by them?
Should I reevaluate them every so often?



... ramblings to be continued

2 comments:

Pam said...

Love your ramblings! I too get sidetracked by what i want to do versus what i need to do.

Like your thoughts on mindfulness as well - thanks.

Rebekah said...

Thanks Pam! Good to hear from you.