Thursday, December 9, 2010

Stamps: PTI Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers, GKD Got Snow?
Inks: SU Poppy Parade, Staz On Black
Paper: SU Baja Breeze, River Rock, PTI Rustic Snowflakes, Vellum
Accessories: Corner rounder punch, scallop border punch, Nesties Labels 14, PTI buttons, Cuttlebug Embossing folder, SU Poppy Parade ribbon, hand-held rectangle punch, sponge, Flower Soft, Stickles, Copics

Wow! This card took ALL afternoon to make! As you've noticed, I have not been keeping up with my creative therapy every day, and so, the mojo really does slow down. Plus it's that TOM when concentration is at it's l-o-w-e-s-t. But it's finally done, and I'm pleased with the outcome. I participated in SCS's Way to Use It challenge, Something old, Something new. The current hostess Julia S. is stepping down and another hostess, Kim Hughes going to be our hostess! Today's challenge was a collection of all the WT challenges that have been hosted! You could pick one or many. In making this card, I didn't have any in mind, but after it was completed, I realized I used many of them! Glitter (WT02), Vellum (WT03), Tags (WT07), Ribbon (WT09), Buttons (WT11), Pop dots/dimensionals (WT15), Sponges (WT17), Printed Paper (WT39), Sentiments (WT42), Cutting Corners (WT66), & Product Parade (new new PTI set I hadn't really played with yet!) (WT90).
AND, I also participated in the weekly sketch challenge too, SC310.
No wonder it took me all afternoon, LOL!
It was fun to dig out my vellum again. Haven't used that on a card in a long time. And I played with my Flower Soft some more, putting it around the edge of my snowman nestie layer.

and the inside:


And isn't this pretty? A DF gave me this lighted branch. I was wandering around my corner with it and discovered it would fit right down inside my card display holder. What a beautiful display it makes.


And that's it for your Thursday fix!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oooo! What a great winter card! Lovin' that Labels 14!!! And how ingenious is THAT...the branch card display! Perfect!!! :) :)

Janeen said...

way cool

Janeen said...

Wow, lots of DP which I would like to learn more how to use. Looks very nice. You did a fab job with this. Love your flowery snowman.

stampandweave said...

I really like that snowman and your snowflakes inside!