Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Perfect quote for a picture...

The other night, I stopped in to visit with an elderly friend of ours. She had a Shutterfly book that her granddaughter had put together, and knowing I love pictures, she wanted me to see this beautiful book. Well, I've been freshly inspired. The book was full of beautiful quotes that went perfectly with the pictures. Then last night, I started reading a book and one of the first pages where they put the acknowledgemnts, etc was a page with the quote below.
Wow!
What a perfect quote for a picture of DD2 and her
beloved stuffed animal, Kitty Cow.
Talk about perfect timing. I can't wait go to get scrappy!!

Here is the quote...

"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse.
"It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves
you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but
REALLY loves you, then you become Real."
"Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit.
"Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful.

-The Velveteen Rabbit
Margery Williams

Meet Kitty Cow...


This morning as I was jotting some journalling notes down for a picture I took last evening, I realized I could just open another blog. There I will upload my pictures and journalling. Then when I actually sit down with the developed picture (finally!!), I will have the journalling right beside the picture. Basically, I'm finding a way around all the long-hand writing!! I will do it for the actual scrapbook, but I think that's what keeps me from documenting a lot of life...I don't like scribbling away. By typing, I can keep up with my thoughts much better. Unfortunately, it will be a private blog, because I am not comfortable posting pictures of my family and friends on an open blog. But if I have pictures like "Kitty Cow" above, I will certainly share with you!

I've also started a blog for my Project Life, but that is also private. Again, if there are non-people pictures, I'll be sure and share over here too!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

LOVE that quote and the pic of Kitty Cow! Made me smile! What great stories you're going to have to tell in your scrapbook!!!