Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Nutcracker Inspired

OK, enough of no blogging. I must admit I fell off my balanced schedule. Time to get back on the creative band wagon. I've got projects galore, plus I discovered something new I would love to try my little hands at and it has to do with this beautiful site, Living Felt. YIKES!! But I won't let myself until I can get my already HUGE project list down to something more manageable.

I'm working on setting up my Project Life bin so I'm ready for January 1st.

Also thought up my "one little word" for 2011...I'll share it at the beginning of the new year just in case I change my mind between now and then!

And I'm working on my photos, 15 min at a time.

Also, I bought a few more pieces of fabric so I can get started on the girls rag quilt totes. I needed two more designs for DD1's. Now I'm ready to start the assembly-line style work of getting two totes done at once.

So
....you see, I don't need another hobby quite yet.

I made this card Saturday for SCS's Free for All challenge, The Nutcracker Suite. I have this glorious pad of Thomas Kinkade papers (from Cornish Heritage Farms who are not in business anymore....boohoo), and this little scene seems to have the music playing in the background on the streets. Our Main St. does that during the holiday shopping season, music playing all down the street. Quite festive!

Stamps: A Year of Flowers (GKD) for inside background image, SU Holidays & Wishes (sentiment inside)
Paper: SU Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Thomas Kinkade Christmas Series DP
Supplies: MM Poinsettia, SU ribbon, naildheads (from GKD), Cuttlebug Holly embossing folder, ticket corner punch, corner rounder & sponge (inside)

and the inside:


And just for a smile, I'll share these cute lil' mugs my SIL sent us recently. They are similar to the ones she and my husband drank out of kids (and still do when are visiting home. Except our girls use them.) Aren't they just a hoot? I guess they are vintage Kool Aid cups. She found them at a garage sale and let out quite a scream of glee upon her discovery!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Very pretty Thomas Kinkade scene!! I miss Cornish too. :( Did you see Elzybells is no longer either?!!
Those cups are a hoot! Too funny! :)

Rebekah said...

I did see that about Elzy's...very sad.

stampandweave said...

Fun mugs! I like the TK scene! Too bad about Cornish Heritage! :(