Thursday, December 2, 2010

Inspiration rules

I love finding beautiful cards through my various blog hops and wanting to just jump right up and CASE them! This was one of those cards! I love Lisa's style. And I've been neglecting my PTI stamps lately! This card was made for a thank you card challenge.


Paper: PTI Kraft, SU So Saffron, PTI Ivory
Stamps: SU Wonderful You, PTI 209 Autumn Tags, SU All Scallops (inside)
Ink: SU Soft Suede, So Saffron, PTI Chamomile
Accessories: misc ribbon from stash, small pearls, Nesties circles, sponge, Score Pal (inside)

And here's the inside:


Then I needed to make some Sympathy cards to have on hand. I hate to think that I'm anticipating needing them, but I am. I'm so thankful that I can think of our dear friends in need and remember the peace and comfort I felt because of the prayer's of others when my own mom was dying. It's a wonderful reassurance.

This card was also a result of some more awesome inspiration on Lisa's blog!

Paper: SU Rose Red, Always Artichoke, PTI Ivory
Stamps: SU Garden Silhouettes & All Scallops, PTI Background Basics Text Style,
PTI Everyday Classics

Ink: SU Rose Red, Soft Suede
Accessories: Linen thread, hole punch, SU border punch, tearing edge, sponge, Nesties Labels 14

And here is how I made the second one my own. The stem didn't quite reach to the bottom and looked like it was floating...so I grounded it under another layer! Take that! :)



And here's the inside of both cards

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh my, my! Another blog I'm going to have to visit now! LOL! She's got some great posts!!! Thanks for sharing! Your cards are absolutely beautiful (once again!)!! :)