Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Vintage Winter Wishes


Stamps: Thomas Kinkaid The Night Before Christimas, GKD Let it Snow (sentiment)
Cardstock: SU Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso CS, PTI Kraft CS
Other supplies: SU Top Notes die, SU ticket corner punch, copper brads, sponge, edge distresser, SU Early Espresson ribbon
Inks: VersaFine Vintage Sepia, StazOn Timber Brown (edges & sentient), SU Cherry Cobbler (edges)


I love all the beautiful vintage wintery greetings I'm seeing on SCS and blogs! Today's SCS sketch challenge was perfect for my Thomas Kincaid image! I also loved the ideas I was seeing with PTI's dies...so I dug out my SU Top Note die to try and duplicate it with what I have.

I almost didn't get any stamping in today. That would have been very bad. I've been on a roll with my new balanced home schedule. I work my SAHM job until noon or so, and then head down for some free-time. This has really taken care of the irritable feelings I was having in the evenings as time quickly flitted away and was again left with a day of no crafting! After much thought, I knew I had to MAKE time for things I love, or I was going to completely starve my creative mojo.

Today was a very happy mail day! I rec'd a book, The Organized & Inspired Scrapbooker. Good thing I pre-ordered it. I'm on a crafting spending freeze for the month of November, so it was fun to have a delivery of something! Also, a flybaby friend sent me a special gift. And last but not least, DD1 received her long awaited for (back ordered and date was changed several times) mittens from Lands End. Thank goodness she came home with very cold hands, so she tried out her new mittens while I got our after-school snack going.

I baked a Cream Cheese Danish this afternoon. It didn't turn out pretty, but I should know all about that by now, b/c my pies never turn out pretty. Good, yes. Pretty, NO! This danish is very rich, and I likely won't make it again!!

And I guess that's all! I'm off to read some chapters from a Junie B. book with DD2. She needs some TLC after a rough day at school!

2 comments:

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Ohhh this is beautiful!!!! Enjoy some time with DD!!

Melissa said...

Beautiful winter scene! :) I think that same book is on its way to my house...pre-ordered too! LOL! Like what you said about MAKING time for the things you love...