Monday, November 22, 2010

Vintage Holidays and Meal Planning


Paper: PTI Kraft (base layer), BG Jovial, SU Early Espresso
Stamps: GKD Have a cookie! by Melanie Muenchinger
Ink: Timber Brown StazOn, Cherry Cobbler (distressed edges)
Supplies: SU Early Espresso ribbon, pearls, SU scallop border punch, MM poinsetta, tearing edge, sponge, white liquid applique, edge distresser.

The Saturday SCS inspiration challenge immediately had me inspired to make an apron card. A DF made one recently, so I knew right where to go to find the apron template.

What a fun project this was! While I don't have a lot of baking memories with my Grandma, I did enjoy lots of grandma memories while working on this card. And mom memories. And aunt memories. I'm not much an apron wearer, but the generation before me certainly was!! I hope to make at least one more of these to send to my dear aunt. In fact, she just called me last evening to thank me for the Thanksgiving greetings I sent them. Doesn't that just warm your heart when you know one of your greetings has touched someone else's heart?? It does mine!

And I have some exciting news to share. Two of my CAS cards were mentioned in the SCS CAS Favorites of the Week! How cool is that!!! I only just recently heard about this thread, because a SCS Flybaby friend mentioned to another friend that she was enjoying seeing her cards showcased in the CAS thread. Yea Paula!! :) I guess the thought passed through my mind that such an honor would be fun to get, but I never dreamed I would be chosen LOL!!! The cards didn't get all that many comments, so I just figured they weren't as creative as they could have been! But I DO know comment #'s don't reflect much anymore. There are SO, SO, SO many cards being uploaded every day. I know I fail to get to as many as I would like. But I'm working on doing better, b/c I sure know how those comments boost me!

To go along with the apron card, I have some recipe links to share with you. I worked on December's meal planning this weekend and this is what I came up with.

I'll keep you posted if something is absolutely fabulous or totally flops!

Hamburger Stroganoff
Savory Chicken Breasts
Sloppy Joe Bake
Chicken & Black Bean Bake
Baked Ziti
(our family favorite)
Ham Casserole
Shepherd's Pie
(I use frozen peas/carrots to save some time)
Chorizo and Lentil Stew
Minestrone Soup
Potato Leek Soup
(we have fresh leeks in the garden)
Breakfast Burritos
PW Cinnamon Rolls
(I don't use anywhere near the amount of butter though!)
Granola

And here are some tasty sounding desserts I want to try out:
S'more Bars
Nutella Cheesecake Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Candy Cane Twists
Homemade Pop Tarts
(not really dessert, but something fun I want to try)


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oooo! Beautiful apron!! Congrats on the SCS honor! :) Way to go, girl! Keep 'em comin'!!!

Janeen said...

REALLY??? SCS honors?!! Sounds like fun. I know I enjoy all your work and you sure seem an organized busy mom. Congrats, now if I could get on there and find them.